/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Problems with RED
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 4/18/04 7:56 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Problems with RED (Adam Ashwell)

: Thanks Steve, I turned of 'Fill the screen" and it worked. And I found
: the log file: fatal alert (ID=-1): Please be sure the files 'Map',
: 'Shapes', 'Images' and 'Sounds' are correctly installed and try again.
: (../Source_Files/CSeries/csalerts.cpp:79)

Adam, that message shouldn't come up if the scripts file is loading. If you have to change the names of the files back, there is a problem. OK, here's exactly what you should have in your Red folder in order to run Red in AO:

AlephOne
RED Images
RED Map
RED Music
RED Physics
RED Shapes
RED Sounds
Scripts/Red.mml

where the / indicates that Red.mml is inside the scripts folder. Note that all of these names are case-sensitive, so Red Images, for example, will not work. Also, be sure that your Red.mml file is typed as a text file - otherwise AO may not recognize it and read it properly. Don't ask me why - this seem to be a quirk of carbon apps and a hold-over from Classic. Let me know if you need help doing that since modifying type and creator codes is still not part of the MacOS Get Info command. Finally, make sure that the privileges are set correctly for all of the files in the Red folder. If you don't have Read access to one of the files, AO carbon won't work.

Good luck!

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Problems with REDAdam Ashwell 4/18/04 5:12 a.m.
     Re: Problems with REDDr. John Sumner 4/18/04 5:40 a.m.
           Re: Problems with REDAdam Ashwell 4/18/04 5:59 a.m.
                 Re: Problems with REDDr. John Sumner 4/18/04 6:23 a.m.
                       Re: Problems with REDSteve Levinson 4/18/04 6:54 a.m.
                             Re: Problems with REDAdam Ashwell 4/18/04 7:11 a.m.
                                   Re: Problems with REDDr. John Sumner 4/18/04 7:22 a.m.
                                   Re: Problems with REDSteve Levinson 4/18/04 7:28 a.m.
                                         Re: Problems with REDAdam Ashwell 4/18/04 7:37 a.m.
                                               Re: Problems with REDSteve Levinson 4/18/04 7:56 a.m.
                                                     Re: Problems with REDrampancy 4/18/04 9:13 a.m.
                                                     Re: Problems with REDrampancy 4/18/04 9:19 a.m.
                                                     Re: Problems with REDSpeaker-To-Animals 4/18/04 3:23 p.m.
     Problems with RED and suggestionsDylan 4/18/04 1:51 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.