/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Problems with RED
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 4/18/04 6:54 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Problems with RED (Dr. John Sumner)

: Adam, I know what you are talking about. If I do not change the colors to
: 256, then I get the "menu" acting the way you describe. And yes,
: I am running 10.3.3. I wish I could remember how things behaved for me
: prior to that, but it's likely that I encountered the same thing you are
: describing. Your best bet is to wait until Steve reads this thread. I am
: sure he will know how to get yours to work with AO.

I'm glad you have such faith in me, John :)

Adam, I know exactly what you're talking about, but I'm baffled as to why you're trying to get AO to run in the Classic Environment when you have Panther. Why not download the carbon version of AO and run it as a carbon application? The 12/25 carbon build works fine with all system versions prior to 10.3.3. Unfortunately, I had already upgraded to 10.3.3 before trying AO and discovered that it no longer worked on either my PowerBook nor my wife's iMac. The 3/27/04 nighlty build, however, works perfectly on both machines so that's what I'm using now. If you really want to run AO in the Classic Environment, I'll try to help you, but why slow the system down by using all that virtual memory to run the Classic Environment if you don't have to. And the neat thing about AO carbon is that you can command-tab out of any game, any time - very handy when my wife walks in and I don't want her to think I've been "fooling around" when I should be getting some work done ;^) Please let me know where you want to go from here.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Problems with REDAdam Ashwell 4/18/04 5:12 a.m.
     Re: Problems with REDDr. John Sumner 4/18/04 5:40 a.m.
           Re: Problems with REDAdam Ashwell 4/18/04 5:59 a.m.
                 Re: Problems with REDDr. John Sumner 4/18/04 6:23 a.m.
                       Re: Problems with REDSteve Levinson 4/18/04 6:54 a.m.
                             Re: Problems with REDAdam Ashwell 4/18/04 7:11 a.m.
                                   Re: Problems with REDDr. John Sumner 4/18/04 7:22 a.m.
                                   Re: Problems with REDSteve Levinson 4/18/04 7:28 a.m.
                                         Re: Problems with REDAdam Ashwell 4/18/04 7:37 a.m.
                                               Re: Problems with REDSteve Levinson 4/18/04 7:56 a.m.
                                                     Re: Problems with REDrampancy 4/18/04 9:13 a.m.
                                                     Re: Problems with REDrampancy 4/18/04 9:19 a.m.
                                                     Re: Problems with REDSpeaker-To-Animals 4/18/04 3:23 p.m.
     Problems with RED and suggestionsDylan 4/18/04 1:51 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.