/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Map Making Question: Can objectives be mixed?
Posted By: ErnieDate: 4/8/04 6:52 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Map Making Question: Can objectives be mixed? (Mark Levin)

Interesting, I didn't know the 'rescue' mission type was screwy in M2/Inf. I just remember playing the M1A1 level that involved rescuing at least 80% of the Bobs and assumed it worked in Infinity as well. C'est la vie.

: Off the top of my head, it would go something like this: [snip]

So, in the most basic sense, I should use multilayer terminals (I've used two in WmaiD so far - Tempus Fugit, Steve? heh), and their attendant devices such as lights and tags to pull off my effect. *cough*.

I wanted to fix the Light blue Rubicon Vac bobs (science bobs, as they are in WMaiD) to "disable/kill" (or appear to) the wires.
By placing an invisible monster in front of all the exposed wires on the level, I aim to have the Bob attack the monster, that dies with a releases of the fission blast proj. - thus disabling the circuitry.
Similar to a Dwarf in Myth dying with a lit satchel charge. :D

This way, a number of wires w/ attendant detonating invisible monsters will be totally useless - just for show. However, a few key wires (with tags relating directly to the multilevel terminals) will decide the fate of winning the level (protecting the station, continuing on your plank)
or losing it (failing to protect station, you jump planks) - all by triggering the approp. terminal message.

I hope this makes sense. - and Don't Worry Dr. John - I've given up using inf. respawning monsters long ago. Steve even broke me of using them in Exploration levels.

No one likes inf. repeating Jjaro Defense Drones.

-Ernie

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Map Making Question: Can objectives be mixed?Ernie 4/7/04 9:17 p.m.
     Re: Map Making Question: Can objectives be mixed?Mark Levin 4/7/04 9:41 p.m.
           Re: Map Making Question: Can objectives be mixed?Ernie 4/8/04 6:52 p.m.
                 Re: Map Making Question: Can objectives be mixed?Dr. John Sumner 4/8/04 9:16 p.m.
     Re: Map Making Question: Can objectives be mixed?Dr. John Sumner 4/8/04 10:44 a.m.
           Re: Map Making Question: Can objectives be mixed?Dr. John Sumner 4/8/04 10:57 a.m.
                 Re: Map Making Question: Can objectives be mixed?Steve Levinson 4/8/04 3:49 p.m.
                       Re: Map Making Question: Can objectives be mixed?Dr. John Sumner 4/8/04 4:06 p.m.
                             Re: Map Making Question: Can objectives be mixed?Steve Levinson 4/8/04 7:27 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.