/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Map Making Question: Can objectives be mixed?
Posted By: Dr. John SumnerDate: 4/8/04 10:44 a.m.

In Response To: Map Making Question: Can objectives be mixed? (Ernie)

:
: During the creation of another map for WMaiD, I've encountered an issue.

: Can map objectives, such as "Extermination" and "Rescue"
: be *both* checked off in forge and actually work?

Ernie, please just do me a special favor and do not have any levels designated as Extermination AND where you have infinitely regenerating enemies. I saw that once in a scenario and thought I would never get off the level. The creator had set aside 8 inaccessible enemies, so that the player had to defeat all enemies to leave the level (i.e. true extermination). But they had also set the level so that it had infinitely regenerating enemies. It seemed like that every time I would go to leave the level, some enemy would regenerate in some part of the level. I would then have to go find that stupid enemy, defeat it, and then hope nothing else regenerated before I got back to the exit terminal. Very frustrating.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Map Making Question: Can objectives be mixed?Ernie 4/7/04 9:17 p.m.
     Re: Map Making Question: Can objectives be mixed?Mark Levin 4/7/04 9:41 p.m.
           Re: Map Making Question: Can objectives be mixed?Ernie 4/8/04 6:52 p.m.
                 Re: Map Making Question: Can objectives be mixed?Dr. John Sumner 4/8/04 9:16 p.m.
     Re: Map Making Question: Can objectives be mixed?Dr. John Sumner 4/8/04 10:44 a.m.
           Re: Map Making Question: Can objectives be mixed?Dr. John Sumner 4/8/04 10:57 a.m.
                 Re: Map Making Question: Can objectives be mixed?Steve Levinson 4/8/04 3:49 p.m.
                       Re: Map Making Question: Can objectives be mixed?Dr. John Sumner 4/8/04 4:06 p.m.
                             Re: Map Making Question: Can objectives be mixed?Steve Levinson 4/8/04 7:27 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.