/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Map Making Question: Can objectives be mixed?
Posted By: ErnieDate: 4/7/04 9:17 p.m.

During the creation of another map for WMaiD, I've encountered an issue.

Can map objectives, such as "Extermination" and "Rescue" be *both* checked off in forge and actually work?

I wanted to utilize a physics workaround that has invisible monsters classified as Bobs (for the Rescue gametype to function) positioned in front of circutry - that detonate, destroying the circutry if they are killed.

Who are they killed by? Why, UESC troops of course, trying to disable an signal relay station so dropships can be deployed to a Jjaro outpost world. *cough*. So... I wanted the mission objectives to only be met when all UESC troops, (classified as enemies) as dead, and at least 80% of the invisible Bob-classified monsters are saved (due to the Rescue gametype).

Would this actually work? I hope all you Physics model/game type gurus can help answer this.

Thanks!
-Ernie

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Map Making Question: Can objectives be mixed?Ernie 4/7/04 9:17 p.m.
     Re: Map Making Question: Can objectives be mixed?Mark Levin 4/7/04 9:41 p.m.
           Re: Map Making Question: Can objectives be mixed?Ernie 4/8/04 6:52 p.m.
                 Re: Map Making Question: Can objectives be mixed?Dr. John Sumner 4/8/04 9:16 p.m.
     Re: Map Making Question: Can objectives be mixed?Dr. John Sumner 4/8/04 10:44 a.m.
           Re: Map Making Question: Can objectives be mixed?Dr. John Sumner 4/8/04 10:57 a.m.
                 Re: Map Making Question: Can objectives be mixed?Steve Levinson 4/8/04 3:49 p.m.
                       Re: Map Making Question: Can objectives be mixed?Dr. John Sumner 4/8/04 4:06 p.m.
                             Re: Map Making Question: Can objectives be mixed?Steve Levinson 4/8/04 7:27 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.