/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: RED Volunteers: Nothing's too big to Nuke
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 3/31/04 10:38 a.m.

In Response To: RED Volunteers: Nothing's too big to Nuke (Mark Levin)

: The first thing to do after reading the terminal is to turn around, go
: through the 2 teleporters at opposite ends of the corridor (tab the
: glowing panels) and hit the 2 switches in there. These open two larger
: areas you're about to get to. Going through the center door puts you on a
: raised, cross-shaped walkway over a sort of giant bay. We may as well pick
: an order here, so go left first.

The sad thing and IMO a basic flaw of the level is there is nothing to force you to go left at all. If you first go right, as I did the first time through, you will eventually come to the final room next to the reactor core and be trapped there. You can still proceed and exit the level, but there is no way to go back and read that critical Joshua terminal. Too bad, as it's one of the most important in the entire scenario. Had I designed the level, flipping the switches in the left half of the level would have been crucial to accessing the final room so that the player would be forced to go there at some point. In my case I had to settle for going back and vidding the level, which is doable this time, to explore the left half and read the crucial terminal.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

RED Volunteers: Nothing's too big to NukeMark Levin 3/31/04 10:08 a.m.
     Re: RED Volunteers: Nothing's too big to NukeSteve Levinson 3/31/04 10:38 a.m.
           Re: RED Volunteers: Nothing's too big to NukeDr. John Sumner 3/31/04 11:19 a.m.
                 Nevermind Steve, I see how. *NM*Dr. John Sumner 3/31/04 11:26 a.m.
                 Re: RED Volunteers: Nothing's too big to NukeSteve Levinson 3/31/04 11:31 a.m.
                       Re: RED Volunteers: Nothing's too big to NukeDr. John Sumner 3/31/04 12:24 p.m.
                             Re: RED Volunteers: Nothing's too big to NukeMark Levin 3/31/04 12:46 p.m.
                                   Re: RED Volunteers: Nothing's too big to NukeSteve Levinson 3/31/04 1:02 p.m.
     Re: RED Volunteers: Nothing's too big to NukeElliott 3/31/04 10:57 a.m.
           Re: RED Volunteers: Nothing's too big to NukeSteve Levinson 3/31/04 1:05 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.