/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Still Having Problems
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 3/28/04 5:30 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Still Having Problems (Dr. John Sumner)

: Hold down the option and command keys. Then click on "begin new
: game".

The problem with this is that you will start the level without any of your accumulated ammo. In the case of FUD, however, the next level is Wading in Vitriol. You should command-option begin new game to get to the start of that new level, then save your game immediately. You can then use any of several saved game editors available at the Marathon Archives to edit your saved game to restore the weapons and ammo that you had in your last saved game. I like the Infinity Game Wimp because it is the only saved game editor that lets you restore chips and key cards.

: The door you are referring to is "player controllable". So you
: should be able to open it without having to do anything else. Send me a
: copy of your saved game. Maybe I can figure out why that door will not
: open.

Someone else posted this exact same problem a while back - it wasn't you, was it? At the time I had him e-mail his saved game to me, just as John is offering to do for you, and we concluded that it was a corrupted saved game. The fact that this exact same problem has happened to two people now, however, suggests to me that there is a very real bug in the map - not that that helps you any - but it may be something that can be fixed if we can figure it out. If you can, I would like you to e-mail a copy of your saved game to me as well. Also, be sure to tell me if this is from the Infinity version of Rubicon, the AO lite version or from one of the more recent AO carbon versions. I will forward the saved game to the Rubicon Team for their analysis.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Still Having ProblemsIrritated 3/27/04 3:42 p.m.
     Re: Still Having ProblemsD-M.A. 3/27/04 11:40 p.m.
           Re: Still Having ProblemsHoof Hearted 3/28/04 2:49 a.m.
                 Re: Still Having ProblemsDr. John Sumner 3/28/04 4:12 a.m.
                       Re: Still Having ProblemsSteve Levinson 3/28/04 5:30 a.m.
                             Re: Still Having ProblemsDr. John Sumner 3/28/04 6:17 a.m.
                                   Re: Still Having ProblemsHoof Hearted 3/30/04 10:37 a.m.
                                         Re: Still Having ProblemsHoof Hearted 3/30/04 11:18 a.m.
     Re: Still Having ProblemsDr. John Sumner 3/28/04 4:07 a.m.
     Re: Still Having Problemsthe Battle Cat 3/28/04 6:54 a.m.
           Re: Still Having ProblemsIrritated 3/28/04 11:02 a.m.
                 Re: Still Having ProblemsSteve Levinson 3/28/04 11:10 a.m.
                       Problem Solved!Irritated 3/28/04 2:05 p.m.
                             Re: Problem Solved!D-M.A. 3/28/04 11:51 p.m.
                                   Re: Problem Solved!the Battle Cat 3/29/04 5:48 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.