/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Please! I REALLY need help! PLEASE READ AND RE
Posted By: ElliottDate: 3/18/04 6:52 a.m.

In Response To: Please! I REALLY need help! PLEASE READ AND REPLY! (Starship Security Officer)

: I'm going to go insane! I need to get some links for these games: Duke Nukem
: Quake
: Doom

: If any of you have ANY links to these games for mac, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE
: LET ME KNOW!

Why don't you play some of the third party conversions for marathon, they are all much better(a few are close to the same level for me). There are a ton out there versus other engines. I have played all of the gameson your list and beat them with the eception of quake(I didn't care, it was so friggian lame). None of them were worth it.
Also on dark forces I could not beat, I could only get to the fith level. There are only like 14 levels, but man it was so boring.
Entertain yourself with the third party maps for marathon, there are hundreds. I could recomend many great ones to you because I really love the underdogs of marathon. Those guys who are not hailed as the greatest or only put out a few maps. Even Lorenz has a ton of awsome maps that seem forgotten.
So if your looking to fill your hard drive with first person shooters marathon has done it faster then those other lame money machines. If how ever you would like some games that don't suck the hair strait off my balls then get Heretic. It has been open scourced and runs on some free engine. I had it and the levels look good, but again it was just like doom where you slike around and don't aim. Storyless and lame game play, but better then most.
Or you can buy Doom 2 or Shadow Warrior off me. Doom 2 is like Doom 1 just with level that are fun to play and look great. Shadow Warrior is like the nija version of duke nukem minus a lot of the really lame parts. The map making is really wonderful and it is fun to play, but can get hard fast.
cheers,
Ellio7t

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Please! I REALLY need help! PLEASE READ AND REPLY!Starship Security Officer 3/18/04 4:23 a.m.
     Re: Please! I REALLY need help! PLEASE READ AND REAnaphiel 3/18/04 4:37 a.m.
           I'm sorry, everybody :( *NM*Starship Security Officer 3/18/04 5:02 p.m.
     (ADMIN) Re: Please! I REALLY need help! PLEASE READ AND REPLY! Count Zero 3/18/04 5:46 a.m.
     Re: Please! I REALLY need help! PLEASE READ AND REAndrew Nagy 3/18/04 6:26 a.m.
     Re: Please! I REALLY need help! PLEASE READ AND REElliott 3/18/04 6:52 a.m.
     Re: Please! I REALLY need help! PLEASE READ AND REAdam Ashwell 3/18/04 12:08 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.