/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

I never really understood Infinity.
Posted By: HolyMcGibbletsDate: 2/16/04 8:47 p.m.

The story, at least. I mean, I've got Marathon and Durandal down pat, but when it comes to Infinity, I'm really, really lost. I tried playing through it a couple times, but I always got about to "Thing What Kicks..." before something interferes. I've also tried reading all of the terminals supplied by the fine Story Page, but alas, that helped little. So, could someone fill in some of the blanks?

Here's what I know.

After Marathon 2, the Pfhor used the trih-xeem since they couldn't destroy Durandal and the S'pht had been freed. Doing this caused crazy things to happen (i.e. half the sun going nova, a/the W'rkncacnter being released, etc), resulting in you going back in time, or something around those lines, and following another path to where the nova is contained in some sort of Jjaro space buoy.

The rest is blurry at best. It seems fairly obvious that the game took place during the marine's rampancy. I know that during the course of the game you are trying to find the right path, and so you follow Durandal sometimes or Tycho at other times. I also know that Tycho has you because in this alternate storyline Durandal didn't take you when he left Marathon and Tau Ceti, leaving the newly resurrected Tycho to take you along and destory Durandal.

So, here are my questions.

What happened to Durandal? What I've read indicates that he either merged with Thoth, some Jjaro thing, or the marine. I'm not sure which.

What was the sequence of events in the "correct" storyline?

The final screen. Was it written by Durandal talking about he became God, or is it Durandal talking about the marine becoming God? In short, who became God?

That's all. If there's actually something on the site that I've missed that answers my questions, could someone point it out to me? Thanks.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

I never really understood Infinity.HolyMcGibblets 2/16/04 8:47 p.m.
     Re: I never really understood Infinity.Yossarian 2/17/04 4:02 a.m.
           Huh. *NM*Bob-B-Q 2/17/04 4:21 a.m.
           Re: I never really understood Infinity.Johannes Gunnar 2/17/04 6:23 a.m.
                 Re: I never really understood Infinity.Ockham's Razor 2/18/04 7:41 a.m.
                       somewhere in the heavens.. they are listening! *NM*Johannes Gunnar 2/18/04 12:50 p.m.
           Re: I never really understood Infinity.HolyMcGibblets 2/17/04 7:43 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.