/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: KKV-7 Flechette... Suppressed?
Posted By: the Battle CatDate: 1/21/04 6:45 a.m.

In Response To: Re: KKV-7 Flechette... Suppressed? (Kommienzuspadt)

: I'm still convinced it's supressed. Listen to the sound it makes compared to
: the MA-75B. Also notice the lack of a significant muzzle flash.

It sure looks and sounds suppressed to me and fresh from Hell Hole where I tested it, I saw no muzzle flash.

The wackiest thing about the KKV-7 Flechette is that it fires flechettes. Normally those things are shot out of canisters. We used to shoot canisters of them out of 105MM howitzers in Vietnam. There were thousands of them in a single canister. A flechette is basically a 4 penny nail with fins stamped where the head of the nail would be, at least the ones we shot out of a cannon looked like that. I don't think any single flechette is fired like a bullet as it appears the KKV-7 is doing. The closest I've ever heard is out of a shotgun, but still it is fired in groups of 1 to 3 dozen in a sabot round. Not saying single projectile flechette rounds do not exist. Somebody probably tried it. It would seem pretty hard to pack the finned end of a flechette into a casing so that it didn't rip off when it was exiting the casing or traveling through the barrel. Each flechette would have to be a sabot round I suppose.

Of course, in the distant future, firing full automatic noise suppressed finned steel arrows under lava is the way to go. At least firing one makes my day in Marathon!

Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

KKV-7 Flechette... Suppressed?Kommienzuspadt 1/19/04 2:46 p.m.
     Re: KKV-7 Flechette... Suppressed?Krazy 1/19/04 3:39 p.m.
           Re: KKV-7 Flechette... Suppressed?Krazy 1/19/04 3:40 p.m.
                 Re: KKV-7 Flechette... Suppressed?Kommienzuspadt 1/19/04 4:22 p.m.
                       Re: KKV-7 Flechette... Suppressed?Krazy 1/19/04 4:31 p.m.
                             Re: KKV-7 Flechette... Suppressed?Bob-B-Q 1/20/04 5:46 a.m.
     Re: KKV-7 Flechette... Suppressed?thermoplyae 1/19/04 5:19 p.m.
     Re: KKV-7 Flechette... Suppressed?Elliott 1/19/04 7:28 p.m.
           Re: KKV-7 Flechette... Suppressed?Kommienzuspadt 1/20/04 1:06 a.m.
                 Re: KKV-7 Flechette... Suppressed?the Battle Cat 1/20/04 9:06 a.m.
           Re: KKV-7 Flechette... Suppressed?Boomer 1/21/04 2:41 a.m.
     Re: KKV-7 Flechette... Suppressed?deathmonger 1/20/04 11:14 a.m.
           Re: KKV-7 Flechette... Suppressed?Kommienzuspadt 1/20/04 3:31 p.m.
                 Re: KKV-7 Flechette... Suppressed?the Battle Cat 1/21/04 6:45 a.m.
                       Re: KKV-7 Flechette... Suppressed?Boomer 1/21/04 1:22 p.m.
                             Re: KKV-7 Flechette... Suppressed?the Battle Cat 1/22/04 6:45 a.m.
                                   Re: KKV-7 Flechette... Suppressed?Kommienzuspadt 1/22/04 11:44 a.m.
                                         Re: KKV-7 Flechette... Suppressed?Kommienzuspadt 1/22/04 11:44 a.m.
                                               Re: KKV-7 Flechette... Suppressed?Lunair 1/22/04 10:56 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.