/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: SONK Volunteers: Alfa-Omega-Orion Sector
Posted By: Keith PalmerDate: 1/7/04 12:13 p.m.

In Response To: SONK Volunteers: Alfa-Omega-Orion Sector (Mark Levin)

: You get dropped off in an underground complex, given more long-winded but
: vague instructions, and set loose in a network of corridors lined with
: some neat polygon work. Most of the enemies here are fighters, but I still
: ran out of desired ammo a few times. The exploration is less annoying than
: on the previous level since all the switches are in plain sight, but
: you'll still go all over the level looking for changes.

Having criticised the writing in this scenario, I would like to be fair and say there was a nice point at the end of the terminal, where you're told the Pfhor are closing in. I logged off and hurried out of the room, to find the Pfhor closing in... (although I haven't tried using a map editor yet to find out if there's an actual link between logging on and the Pfhor starting to move.)

Peculiarly, something about the corridors reminded me of the level "Beware of Low-Flying Defence Drones." I suppose it amounted to them being just a little more complicated than simple square tubes, the way most corridors in Marathon are.

One thing I did find about the combat and level design, though, was that I lost a lot of shield power trying to fight Fl'ickta underwater, and that I ran straight through the end of the level conscious of not having explored everything, with weak shields. That made my first exploration of the next level somewhat tense...

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

SONK Volunteers: Alfa-Omega-Orion SectorMark Levin 1/6/04 5:58 p.m.
     Re: SONK Volunteers: Alfa-Omega-Orion SectorSteve Levinson 1/6/04 7:05 p.m.
           Re: SONK Volunteers: Alfa-Omega-Orion SectorDr. John Sumner 1/7/04 4:03 a.m.
                 Re: SONK Volunteers: Alfa-Omega-Orion SectorD-M.A. 1/7/04 4:12 a.m.
                       Re: SONK Volunteers: Alfa-Omega-Orion SectorDr. John Sumner 1/7/04 4:22 a.m.
                             Re: SONK Volunteers: Alfa-Omega-Orion SectorSteve Levinson 1/7/04 5:12 a.m.
     Re: SONK Volunteers: Alfa-Omega-Orion SectorKeith Palmer 1/7/04 12:13 p.m.
           Re: SONK Volunteers: Alfa-Omega-Orion SectorSteve Levinson 1/8/04 4:33 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.