glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

The Vent Core... already Frogblasted? (*SP*)
Posted By: NthDegree256 <nthdegree256@hotmail.com>Date: 3/1/02 10:18 p.m.

Okay, I admit, I have never played Marathon in my life, so you can begin pitying me now. However, by watching conversations, I've pretty much picked up what "frogblasting the vent core" is.

Anyways.

A week ago or so, I was playing The Maw on Heroic difficulty just for the practice. I made it to the Engine Room, clambered up to the top, hit the switch, and prepared to rocket the first vent. I fired the rocket in, the big explosion went off..... and a TON of red blood flew out of the vent.

I just stared blankly at the vent, not moving a muscle. The Sentinels promptly made moving impossible for me, and I restarted from the last checkpoint, ran up, blasted the vent... again, buckets of blood flew out of the vent upon explosion.

Not having played the Maw particularly often, it took several tries before I finally got all 4 vents and was able to progress. Every single time and every vent, the explosion acted like it was hitting a barrelful of paint, spraying blood out.

What the heck is going on? Did someone already try to frogblast the vent core, with less-than-successful results? :-P

Message Index

Replies:

The Vent Core... already Frogblasted? (*SP*)NthDegree256 3/1/02 10:18 p.m.
     Re: The Vent Core... already Frogblasted? (*SP*)vector40 3/1/02 10:29 p.m.
           Re: The Vent Core... already Frogblasted? (*SP*)NthDegree256 3/1/02 10:37 p.m.
     Same here (*SP*)Malagigi 3/2/02 12:55 a.m.
     It's a Feature(tm)ferrex 3/2/02 4:17 a.m.
           OF course it is....*stares at bungie mind control* *NM*Matt(Uh...#5) 3/4/02 12:38 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.