Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Shield and Sword - Shield World *Long, IMGs*
Posted By: Leviathan <levihoffmeier@gmail.com>Date: 4/12/12 1:43 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Shield and Sword - Shield World *Long, IMGs* (General Vagueness)

: Leviathan: Ehhh... if it's a sphere, centrifugal force wouldn't be good for
: simulating gravity, if that's what you're getting at, because it would
: lessen as you move away from the equator and at the poles it would be no
: help at all.

Artificial gravity can compensate until you reach the poles -there are massive installations there that exist in zero g. You visit one of those places next.

: What's that in the front?

You'll find out in the next level...

: I see the word "Terminal" at the top, does that mean what I would
: hope it means?

Indeed... If I cover the Terminal side stories, I'll do so at the end of this project. :)

: If the "fire volley" entry is the needle volley thing, what's the
: needle launcher? Also, I see "gauss sniper" there, which I like
: the sound of, but I guess that means the "regular" sniper rifle
: is out...?

Like I said, it's just a preliminary thing. The Needle Launcher/Fire Volley/Needle Volley are all the same thing. I played around with it being Sangheilli tech at first.

Currently the regular sniper rifle is out because I thought two other kinds of sniper rifles would be plenty. In a real game, with the ability to implement prototypes and play with trial and error, perhaps the standard human sniper could find a place.

: Does it really slam them into the ground or does it just let them fall? Also
: if you and your enemy are on level ground there isn't much reason for it
: to go up into the air.

Sorry, it pulls them towards you, then pushes them away, relative to your position. I was just describing the event from the higher vantage point the Chief had at the time.

: Not bad overall, but I still disagree with Cortana using the Chief's first
: name so much. They're far from anyone who'd tell them to act otherwise or
: even hear them, and they've been through a lot together, so I'd be OK with
: it coming up occasionally, but I think the Chief and Cortana are too
: formal and rigid and entrenched in their programming/training for this. It
: doesn't feel right anyway, I'd read "John" and think "John?
: Who's John? Oh right, the Chief," and I'd read a little more and see
: it again and go "Wait who's John? Oh right, the Chief," and so
: on.

The way they refer to each other reached a breaking point at the end of Halo 3. Once broken through, there was no need to return - especially since they are on their own right now. But you'll actually see Cortana call him "Master Chief" again later in the game, for a specific and meaningful reason.

As for being confused as to who John is... There's only two characters in the game so far.... and one of them is male. Not sure how a player could get that confused. :)

Halo: A Fistful of Arrows

Message Index

Replies:

Shield and Sword - Shield World *Long, IMGs*Leviathan 4/10/12 1:24 a.m.
     Awesomepadraig08 4/10/12 2:05 a.m.
           What he said *NM* *NM*Tiny 4/10/12 7:28 a.m.
     Re: Shield and Sword - Shield World *Long, IMGs*Phoenix_9286 4/10/12 2:35 a.m.
           Re: Shield and Sword - Shield World *Long, IMGs*Leviathan 4/10/12 2:50 a.m.
                 Why just cosmetic differences?Quirel 4/10/12 4:22 a.m.
                       Re: Why just cosmetic differences?Leviathan 4/10/12 1:08 p.m.
                 Re: Shield and Sword - Shield World *Long, IMGs*Phoenix_9286 4/10/12 3:33 p.m.
           Re: Shield and Sword - Shield World *Long, IMGs*General Vagueness 4/12/12 11:32 a.m.
                 Re: Shield and Sword - Shield World *Long, IMGs*Leviathan 4/12/12 1:43 p.m.
                       Re: Shield and Sword - Shield World *Long, IMGs*Arithmomaniac 4/12/12 3:23 p.m.
                             Re: Shield and Sword - Shield World *Long, IMGs*Leviathan 4/12/12 3:26 p.m.
                       Re: Shield and Sword - Shield World *Long, IMGs*General Vagueness 4/13/12 8:46 p.m.
                 Re: Shield and Sword - Shield World *Long, IMGs*ZackDark 4/12/12 9:10 p.m.
     Re: Shield and Sword - Shield World *Long, IMGs*Urban Reflex 4/10/12 7:36 a.m.
           Re: Shield and Sword - Shield World *Long, IMGs*mc_leprechaun 4/10/12 8:22 a.m.
     Re: Shield and Sword - Shield World *Long, IMGs*CaneCutter 4/10/12 8:38 a.m.
           Re: Shield and Sword - Shield World *Long, IMGs*Leviathan 4/10/12 1:10 p.m.
                 Yay!! *NM*CaneCutter 4/10/12 1:36 p.m.
     Amazing!! But you forgot one thing....Chris101b 4/10/12 12:17 p.m.
           Re: Amazing!! But you forgot one thing....Leviathan 4/10/12 1:14 p.m.
           Re: Amazing!! But you forgot one thing....Phoenix_9286 4/10/12 3:35 p.m.
                 Re: Amazing!! But you forgot one thing....Arithmomaniac 4/10/12 3:53 p.m.
     Really cool stuff.Gravemind 4/10/12 3:11 p.m.
           Twitter is your friend.Arithmomaniac 4/10/12 3:25 p.m.
                 Thanks. That's a pretty big level.Gravemind 4/10/12 7:56 p.m.
     Someone's been playing with SketchUp. ^_^ *NM*SEspider 4/10/12 4:00 p.m.
     Re: Shield and Sword - Shield World *Long, IMGs*Frankie 4/10/12 4:29 p.m.
           Re: Shield and Sword - Shield World *Long, IMGs*Arithmomaniac 4/10/12 4:37 p.m.
           Re: Shield and Sword - Shield World *Long, IMGs*Leviathan 4/10/12 5:31 p.m.
                 BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! *NM*ZackDark 4/10/12 10:40 p.m.
     Re: Shield and Sword - Shield World *Long, IMGs*BattleMaster2552 4/10/12 5:59 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.