Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual Guide
Posted By: Bry <bmulheran@gmail.com>Date: 7/14/11 6:39 a.m.

In Response To: Just checked out the Essential Visual Guide (CaptainTony)

Finally got mine delivered this morning and had a flick through it.
I must say, its certainly a lot nicer than the Encyclopedia, though I do find myself craving larger articles. Two pages per entry rather than one would have been nice, but you take what you can get!

Have to admit, I was a bit giddy seeing the confirmation about the size of the CSO-class Carrier, ie the Covenant Super Carrier. Looks like I underestimated it slightly with 27km, but given the rather primitive methods I used, I was pretty darn close!

One very very minor thing I would point out would be the Falcon designations. UH-144A for attack and UH-144S for Support?
A part of me can't help but feel that if we are going to use current real-world designations as used by the US military like UH (ie, Utility Helicopter) we should use them the same way.
That would make the more likely designations be AH-144 (Attack Helicopter) and UH-144 (Utility Helicopter).
In the same way that the attack version of the UH-1 Iroquois (the Huey) is the AH-1 Cobra (they look quite different, but share 80% commonality).

Letters following a designation have nothing to do with the function in American parlance and are more an indication of the variants age.
Using the F-15 for example:

F-15A - First variant, air superiority, single seat.
F-15B - Combat capable trainer variant of the F-15A, two seat.
F-15C - Second variant, air superiority, single seat
F-15D - Combat capable trainer variant of the F-15C, two seat
F-15E - Third variant, multi-role fighter bomber, two seat.

Of course, what's done is done and its not really a complaint. I just wonder why we get a mishmash. =p

Halo 3: ODST "Cinematic" Campaign Playthrough

Message Index

Replies:

Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideCaptainTony 7/5/11 4:31 p.m.
     Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideBry 7/5/11 4:40 p.m.
           Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideCaptainTony 7/5/11 4:40 p.m.
                 Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideBry 7/5/11 4:48 p.m.
                       Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideCaptainTony 7/5/11 4:54 p.m.
                             Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideBry 7/5/11 5:06 p.m.
                                   Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideCaptainTony 7/5/11 5:27 p.m.
                                         Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideBry 7/5/11 5:46 p.m.
                                               Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideCaptainTony 7/5/11 5:54 p.m.
                                                     Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideBry 7/5/11 6:02 p.m.
                                                           Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideStephen L. (SoundEffect) 7/5/11 7:26 p.m.
     Just curiousTDSpiral 7/5/11 6:11 p.m.
           Re: Just curiousCaptainTony 7/5/11 6:19 p.m.
                 Ah, I see. Thanks! *NM*TDSpiral 7/5/11 6:36 p.m.
     Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideStephen L. (SoundEffect) 7/5/11 7:20 p.m.
     Had it for a few days nowSl'askia 7/5/11 10:49 p.m.
     Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual Guidevociferous 7/5/11 11:09 p.m.
           Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideStephen L. (SoundEffect) 7/6/11 6:31 a.m.
                 Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideDEEP NNN 7/6/11 6:51 a.m.
           Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideCaptainTony 7/6/11 11:43 a.m.
     Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideBry 7/14/11 6:39 a.m.
           Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideStephen L. (SoundEffect) 7/14/11 7:02 a.m.
                 Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideBry 7/14/11 7:23 a.m.
                       Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideStephen L. (SoundEffect) 7/14/11 12:26 p.m.
                             Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideBry 7/14/11 4:54 p.m.
                                   Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideStephen L. (SoundEffect) 7/14/11 5:03 p.m.
                                         Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideGeneral Vagueness 7/14/11 5:24 p.m.
                                               Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideStephen L. (SoundEffect) 7/14/11 6:43 p.m.
                                         Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideBry 7/15/11 5:34 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.