Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual Guide
Posted By: vociferous <mr.vociferous@gmail.com>Date: 7/5/11 11:09 p.m.

In Response To: Just checked out the Essential Visual Guide (CaptainTony)

: Awesome stuff 343i and Stephen Loftus, I really appreciated the small size
: and amount of detail you put into this book. Great layout, easy to read
: pages, and new juicy details.

: However, I do have a couple concerns, all of which are relating to the post-
: Halo: Reach Spartans.

: 1. Despite the fact that they hold Navy ranks, why are Carter-A259, Kat-B320,
: and B312 noted as being in the Army? Were they commissioned into the Army
: from the start or were they assigned under Army command only during the
: stints in Noble Team?

: 2. Concerning the Rogue armor kit, it seems as if SPARTAN-II personnel can
: purchase their own kit from corporations that have developed their own
: technology alongside ONI/NAVSPECWAR requirements.

: 3. Why is there a need to have Spartans in the Air Force, a branch that
: already seems antiquated by 26th century standards. I'm not trying to be a
: bit rude here, I just don't know why they need super soldiers behind some
: hotel desk at an air base or flying a transport aircraft.

: Despite this, I would like to congratulate 343i on a wonderful product!

I actually just picked it up myself, but I haven't had a chance to really give the final copy a read-through yet either. Thanks for the kind words and much thanks again to Loftus for being so awesome with his work here. He's an asset to the Halo community and we were happy to have someone who loves Halo so much help us with a product like this. Makes me happy to see his name in this book. Thank you, Stephen! :-)

Tony, I can't promise you answers to every question you might have here, but I can do my best to answer some of the queries you've got above so far. I know you guys are paying closer attention to this stuff than anyone else, so hopefully we did you justice:

1) The S-IIIs on Noble are under the UNSC Army's Special Warfare operational jurisdiction, though the SPARTAN-III project itself is administratively part of the Naval Special Weapons division, which is the Navy. This was established in Halo: Reach and Bungie.net did a great deal of the groundwork here as well.

2) Nah, Rogue armor is just like any other MJOLNIR armor set, except that its origins are from the private sector (not exclusive, but rare). Not sure how the text left you with the impression that someone could outright buy it. They're costly suckers. :-)

3) That the UNSC has an Air Force was already established previous in Halo: Reach's Armory. The role of the UNSC's Air Force in the 26th century, however, has not been elaborated on.

Just a note for folks: I did notice a few typos and fudges here and there, some of the bonehead-caliber and others which are far more granular - ALL are being noted and fixed at the next possible opportunity. Yes, the AR is in ODST and the Master Chief's weight without armor is 286.6lbs (130kg), though the weight provided in the book is not meaningless. :-)

Message Index

Replies:

Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideCaptainTony 7/5/11 4:31 p.m.
     Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideBry 7/5/11 4:40 p.m.
           Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideCaptainTony 7/5/11 4:40 p.m.
                 Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideBry 7/5/11 4:48 p.m.
                       Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideCaptainTony 7/5/11 4:54 p.m.
                             Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideBry 7/5/11 5:06 p.m.
                                   Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideCaptainTony 7/5/11 5:27 p.m.
                                         Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideBry 7/5/11 5:46 p.m.
                                               Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideCaptainTony 7/5/11 5:54 p.m.
                                                     Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideBry 7/5/11 6:02 p.m.
                                                           Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideStephen L. (SoundEffect) 7/5/11 7:26 p.m.
     Just curiousTDSpiral 7/5/11 6:11 p.m.
           Re: Just curiousCaptainTony 7/5/11 6:19 p.m.
                 Ah, I see. Thanks! *NM*TDSpiral 7/5/11 6:36 p.m.
     Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideStephen L. (SoundEffect) 7/5/11 7:20 p.m.
     Had it for a few days nowSl'askia 7/5/11 10:49 p.m.
     Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual Guidevociferous 7/5/11 11:09 p.m.
           Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideStephen L. (SoundEffect) 7/6/11 6:31 a.m.
                 Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideDEEP NNN 7/6/11 6:51 a.m.
           Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideCaptainTony 7/6/11 11:43 a.m.
     Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideBry 7/14/11 6:39 a.m.
           Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideStephen L. (SoundEffect) 7/14/11 7:02 a.m.
                 Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideBry 7/14/11 7:23 a.m.
                       Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideStephen L. (SoundEffect) 7/14/11 12:26 p.m.
                             Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideBry 7/14/11 4:54 p.m.
                                   Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideStephen L. (SoundEffect) 7/14/11 5:03 p.m.
                                         Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideGeneral Vagueness 7/14/11 5:24 p.m.
                                               Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideStephen L. (SoundEffect) 7/14/11 6:43 p.m.
                                         Re: Just checked out the Essential Visual GuideBry 7/15/11 5:34 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.