Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Elite fireworks - article & movies
Posted By: RocksliderDate: 12/7/10 11:15 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Elite fireworks - article & movies (Captain Spark)

: Frogblast did this several years ago but it's always fun to see it again.

Hey, useful comment! Soon as I read it, I was off to HIH to check through Frogblast's archive. I can't see any tag launching, but I do see an Elite shot up in co-op mode, in the 2002 article Frozen Elite Jump.

I believe he's using the Banshee pilot at the back of the twin bridges area, frozen way up off the ground. He uses Banshee blasts for boost, adds needles then plasmas. Most interesting, the release is done by having the other player cross the previous loading point. Perhaps that was the reason for using co-op (maybe Frogblast didn't know that you can do a release in single-player by using special release lines), though it may also have related to getting the pilot frozen (see Teleporting Elite from CanadianMonk3y).

Anyway, the Elite shoots up and leaves blood on the ceiling - what I call a splatter mark (they're good fun) - which I think was the main intention. There are seven small movies to illustrate things, though they seem to be without sound. Quite fascinating to see this old stuff, and I'll add a mention of it in my article. I wonder if there was anything else related.

Bad Cyborg

Message Index

Replies:

Elite fireworks - article & moviesRockslider 12/7/10 5:33 a.m.
     Re: Elite fireworks - article & moviesJDQuackers 12/7/10 7:40 a.m.
           Re: Elite fireworks - article & moviesRockslider 12/7/10 8:48 a.m.
                 Re: Elite fireworks - article & moviesCaptain Spark 12/7/10 9:37 a.m.
                       Re: Elite fireworks - article & moviesRockslider 12/7/10 11:15 a.m.
     bravoGeneral Battuta 12/7/10 11:19 a.m.
     Awesome! *NM*Leviathan 12/7/10 12:47 p.m.
     Re: Elite fireworks - article & moviesButtskunk 12/7/10 2:58 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.