Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

NOBLEST MOMENT contest Winners! :U
Posted By: munky-058 <munky.058@gmail.com>Date: 11/29/10 11:03 a.m.

NOBLEST MOMENT Contest

*Click on any image for Bnet Wallpaper versions.

Screw the gun, let's go!

I would like, if I may, to take you on a strange journey...

-

When I first started the contest, I was hoping to inspire a few dozen people to check into the theater mode and use a great feature that they may not have given a chance. I expected maybe a hundred images to grace my inbox over the course of two weeks, and I would reward the best of the bunch.
Little did I know that my expectations for the scope of the contest were aimed a bit too low.

I'd like to thank our friend Hedge, who after a little knock on the head, provided me with input and observations that helped me narrow down the finalists.

And I thank the Halo fans, who submitted many, many screenshots, and captured some pretty unique and great moments in our favorite questionably-canon game. I did this for you!

Sniper at heart

You've all made me proud.

-

They made it count...

It was challenging to pick out my favorites out of the 1803 entries to the contest, but with three unexpected but welcome weeks to analyze and dig out the best screens I could find, I'd say it was a worthwhile endeavor. So much so, that I've decided to tweak the rules just a wee bit on my end. All for your benefit.

There were great shots, there were strange shots, and there were funny shots. But in the end, it all came down to the few who would win, and the little details that set them apart from the rest.
So without further ado, I present to you our winners:

-

INSANEdrive

Worted his last Wort...

Nothing personal... Bob.

Our very own INSANEdrive provided me with many great screenshots. From serene, to action-packed, I enjoyed the great variety. But this one especially caught my attention. This picture does so many things right for me that it's hard to list them all. From Bob's yell (turning the normally-annoying mandibles-through-armor glitch into a beneficial feature in the image, being used to capture the emotion), to the wisps of his failing shields (as if it's his very soul departing). I also love how the lighting makes it look more like a painting, and the matching armor colors look great. He took a risk by sending in an assassination screen (having been warned), and it paid off with the prize of a Noble Map Pack. Well done!

-

SirPwn4g3

Zzzzzzz...

Sleeping on the job.

The simplicity of this screenshot was what caught my eye. A perfectly placed Spartan in the middle of a matchmaking game, with a weapon at his side, centered in the image, while resting in a corner. Who knows what last stand he must have made. It sure must have been a great sight to run across in-game. And for our own resident lurker, Sir Pwn4g3, it also yields him a Noble Map Pack.

Padraig08

Hold the line

Bloodpack.

Despite being so offensive that his very name is forbidden on the Bnet, our own Padraig has claimed a map pack with his screenshot, which he had to go through great trouble to even submit.
The fight to keep the humans from escaping with the Sangheili's vital Core. I loved the cinematic aspect of this shot, capturing emotions of victory and determination. A spartan falling alongside his brother in their failed attempt to escape completes this image, and captures the essence of the Spire Invasion perfectly. The only thing I didn't like was the flaming helmet of one Elite (Armor Effects in general can very, very easily ruin a great shot), and yet the rest of the picture speaks volumes, and makes it a trivial quirk. He may have lost the match, but won so much more...

-

xXxDiBsXx

Let the big man do his job.

Holdout

Our last winner is lover of the “x” key, xXxDiBsXx, with this moody shot of a Firefight game. The softly transitioning colors, the debris flying (some blurred) as the shield absorbs the impact. And the Spartan ready for battle, confident that the shield will protect him from the blast. This is a great scene that depends on many factors coming together to even exist. And capturing a perfect moment and angle in that scene is also as impressive. He may not be an HBO regular, but I'm glad he read up on the contest. And I'm sure he is as well.

-

Do the math.

“Wait!” you say (you again?), “You said three free Noble Map Packs! That's four! What gives?”

That's very observant of you Mr. Asks-too-many-questions. And yes, that is four. I told you I was tweaking the rules a bit. A free Noble Map pack prize for each of our four winners. Out of nearly two thousand screenshots, yours bubbled to the top, and you've reaped the rewards (or you will tomorrow, when you get the codes as soon as they're emailed to me). Well played gents. Well played.

Stabby stabby stab.

I'd like to have a word with you, Mr. Asks-too-many-questions...

-

Rally Point Bravo.

There were many images that I pondered over, and feel some deserve special mention, as I'd hate for them to fade unnoticed amongst the sea of screenshots on Bnet. So here they are, for your viewing pleasure :)

-

Ogre Dance

Pronounced Goo 'Tuh

Chillin' out, maxin', relaxin' all cool...

King Volvolgia

Cheese!

berryboyssks1

Congradurations!

A Generous Gift

Pyro Shift

Bladed Bob

Covenant Fury

SRK Southpaw

Last flight

End of Days

INSANEdrive (in case you doubted his skill)

Sangheili WarriorMonsters

MissingSea

But we're not out...

Clipped Wings

-

-

I'd like to thank everyone for participating! It was a very memorable contest on my end, and hopefully you enjoyed the images as much as I did. Looking forward to play the Noble Maps with you guys!
Now if you'll excuse me, I have some business to attend to......

RIP Mr. Asks-too-many-questions.

Ask me something else! Ask me!

KornyMunky

Message Index

Replies:

NOBLEST MOMENT contest Winners! :Umunky-058 11/29/10 11:03 a.m.
     WOOOT!!!INSANEdrive 11/29/10 11:06 a.m.
           Re: WOOOT!!!munky-058 11/29/10 11:18 a.m.
                 Re: WOOOT!!!Kermit 11/29/10 11:39 a.m.
                 Re: WOOOT!!!INSANEdrive 11/29/10 2:24 p.m.
     Re: NOBLEST MOMENT contest Winners! :UBlueNinja 11/29/10 11:39 a.m.
     :Dpadraig08 11/29/10 11:56 a.m.
     I predict....Beckx 11/29/10 1:12 p.m.
           Re: I predict....bluerunner 11/29/10 1:17 p.m.
                 Re: I predict....I will eventually.Hedgemony 11/29/10 2:19 p.m.
                       Re: I predict....I will eventually.bluerunner 11/29/10 2:59 p.m.
                       Re: I predict....I will eventually.padraig08 11/29/10 7:01 p.m.
     Re: NOBLEST MOMENT contest Winners! :UMissingSea 11/29/10 1:20 p.m.
           Re: NOBLEST MOMENT contest Winners! :USirPwn4g3 11/30/10 1:22 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.