Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Hey SoundEffect...
Posted By: Stephen L. (SoundEffect) <soundeffect@hotmail.com>Date: 1/21/09 5:27 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Hey SoundEffect... (Leviathan)

: Yeah I think there's one on the docks in first vehicle-battle area of Voi.

: Anyone else thought it was strange at the time for there to be boats and
: rafts in the middle of the level, and then finally realize much, much
: later than a smart person should have, after you were done playing the
: level, that you had actually fought through a bunch of docks?

: Still dreaming of seeing this in ODST.

Yeah, the outside part of the Traxus Complex was right on a lake and the Covenant by burning away the ground to uncover the portal evaporated the lake leaving half a ship teetering on a precipice and docks half intact and the usual garbage on the lake bed. (spare tires, etc.) I'd love to do a concept photoshopped screenshot of what the Traxus area may have looked like before the Covenant's arrival. I have an idea in my mind what I'd see. The motorized dinghy we see in the Traxus section was likely built for the end cutscene where the Arbiter is rescued from the Forward Unto Dawn hull, and then they just threw the model in here for atmosphere.

My HBO Articles

Message Index

Replies:

Old, OLD egg question.Taco Power 1/20/09 3:27 a.m.
     Re: Old, OLD egg question.xenøs 1/20/09 5:52 a.m.
     Re: Old, OLD egg question.Slice 1/20/09 9:02 a.m.
     Re: Old, OLD egg question.ArteenEsben 1/20/09 9:55 a.m.
           Re: Old, OLD egg question.Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 1/20/09 10:40 a.m.
                 Re: Old, OLD egg question.Taco Power 1/20/09 11:16 a.m.
                 Hey SoundEffect...SonofMacPhisto 1/20/09 4:32 p.m.
                       Re: Hey SoundEffect...Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 1/20/09 5:50 p.m.
                             Re: Hey SoundEffect...SonofMacPhisto 1/20/09 6:18 p.m.
                                   By the way...Leviathan 1/20/09 10:25 p.m.
                                         Re: By the way...Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 1/21/09 6:40 a.m.
                                               Re: By the way...free 1/22/09 8:34 p.m.
                                   Re: Hey SoundEffect...Jillybean 1/21/09 4:00 a.m.
                                         Re: Hey SoundEffect...Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 1/21/09 6:45 a.m.
                                               Re: Hey SoundEffect...Bry 1/21/09 9:19 a.m.
                                                     Re: Hey SoundEffect...Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 1/21/09 10:25 a.m.
                                                           Re: Hey SoundEffect...Leviathan 1/21/09 10:43 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Hey SoundEffect...Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 1/21/09 11:13 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Hey SoundEffect...Taco Power 1/21/09 2:32 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Hey SoundEffect...Leviathan 1/21/09 3:45 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Hey SoundEffect...Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 1/21/09 5:27 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Hey SoundEffect...Leviathan 1/21/09 6:35 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: Hey SoundEffect...Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 1/21/09 7:51 p.m.
                                                                                   WaitMasterCheifn 1/22/09 6:58 a.m.
                                                           Re: Hey SoundEffect...Bry 1/21/09 11:12 a.m.
                                               Re: Hey SoundEffect...Jillybean 1/21/09 9:33 a.m.
                                                     Re: Hey SoundEffect...Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 1/21/09 10:29 a.m.
                                               Re: Hey SoundEffect...ThorsHammer 1/23/09 10:06 a.m.
                                                     Re: Hey SoundEffect...Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 1/23/09 10:56 a.m.
                                                           Half-Life, eh?SonofMacPhisto 1/23/09 1:09 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Half-Life, eh?Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 1/23/09 1:35 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.