Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Demo review.
Posted By: Urban ReflexDate: 7/16/08 2:23 p.m.

In Response To: Halo Wars on IGN Livewire shortly (Free) (Urban Reflex)

The demo was from one of several "Forerunner inspired planets" in the game, though they couldn't say which. There were sentinels flying underneath transparent portions of the floor.

Apparently the Spirit of Fire is a repurposed colony ship.

Units have special abilities, and the Spartan's is to jack vehicles. Really gymnastically. The exagerated animations are because the designers wanted (needed?) them to stand out against the rest of the battlefield.

Your resources are called "supplies", and in the case of the UNSC are made be Albatross drop from the Spirit. Thus I would guess that the more drop pads you build, the quicker you gain resources.

You initially start out with ability to fire one MAC round at a time. However, you can upgrade this ability to three rounds in quick succession. Sound famililar?

They're also invented new Covenent units for the game, so perhaps we'll see the mysterious Sharquoui.

That's all the important / potentially new information I noticed. I've not been keeping up on Halo Wars as much as most of you have I'm sure, so I apologise if any of this is old news. Gamespot are also showing Halo Wars, at 3pm PDT.

Message Index

Replies:

Halo Wars on IGN Livewire shortly (Free)Urban Reflex 7/16/08 1:55 p.m.
     Re: Halo Wars on IGN Livewire shortly (Free)onebitrocket 7/16/08 2:19 p.m.
           Re: Halo Wars on IGN Livewire shortly (Free)Cthulhu117 7/16/08 2:20 p.m.
                 Re: Halo Wars on IGN Livewire shortly (Free)Avateur 7/16/08 2:28 p.m.
     Demo review.Urban Reflex 7/16/08 2:23 p.m.
     Spartan analysis *GoO spoiler near end of post*Avateur 7/16/08 2:27 p.m.
           Re: Spartan analysis *GoO spoiler near end of postelpolloguapo 7/16/08 4:54 p.m.
                 Re: Spartan analysis *GoO spoiler near end of postdetranova 7/16/08 5:01 p.m.
                       Re: Spartan analysis *GoO spoiler near end of postOmega 7/16/08 5:15 p.m.
                             Re: Spartan analysis *GoO spoiler near end of postBlueNinja 7/17/08 4:16 a.m.
                                   Grey team? *NM*Urban Reflex 7/17/08 5:58 a.m.
                       Re: Spartan analysis *GoO spoiler near end of postPeptuck 7/16/08 5:22 p.m.
           Re: Spartan analysis *GoO spoiler near end of postPeptuck 7/16/08 5:19 p.m.
                 Re: Spartan analysis *GoO spoiler near end of postAvateur 7/16/08 5:23 p.m.
                       Re: Spartan analysis *GoO spoiler near end of postPeptuck 7/16/08 7:03 p.m.
                             Re: Spartan analysis *GoO spoiler near end of postAvateur 7/16/08 7:05 p.m.
                             Re: Spartan analysis *GoO spoiler near end of postGeneral Vagueness 7/16/08 7:55 p.m.
                                   Re: Spartan analysis *GoO spoiler near end of postMetalingus627 7/16/08 9:52 p.m.
                                         Re: Spartan analysis *GoO spoiler near end of postFree Weights 7/16/08 10:24 p.m.
                                               Re: Spartan analysis *GoO spoiler near end of postPeptuck 7/16/08 11:37 p.m.
                                               Evil Dead II reference FTW! Nice!SonofMacPhisto 7/16/08 11:51 p.m.
                                         Re: Spartan analysis *GoO spoiler near end of postPeptuck 7/16/08 11:41 p.m.
           Re: Spartan analysis *GoO spoiler near end of postUNSC_Trooper 7/17/08 5:50 a.m.
                 Re: Spartan analysis *GoO spoiler near end of postUNSC_Trooper 7/17/08 6:52 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.