Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: About the novel? (Q) "The fall of Reach"
Posted By: eva05Date: 10/13/01 10:29 p.m.

In Response To: Re: About the novel? (Q) "The fall of Reach" (John Denton)

: What if the humans decided to wipe all navigational databases before they
: died? I think the Covenant would want plenty of people they could
: interrogate.

hmm both you guys make interesting points and since we are projecting a few hundred years ahead we can make some assumptions about advancements in human technology...

but I think it's safe to say that the aliens religion doesn't prevent them from hacking or using computers if they're performing any kind of space travel. As for interrogating humans...well there's all kinds of nastiness imaginable there ^o^

also we know the covenant can speak in a broken english of sorts from the E3 trailer some time back, so they must've learned the language somehow?

I think it's easier to assume they learned it from data bases rather than torture.

also saying they can't germ bomb because they have an alien chemistry, which would presumably render their biologics ineffective on humans, has some merit. then again the covenant breathe the same atmosphere as we do without additional respirators...so there is defintiely some common ground between the two species in the chemistry dept.

maybe they have cybernetics or reactive nano scrubbers in their lungs...who knows ^^

besides isn't Reach the last planet the Covenant zap before heading off in pursuit of the POA?

I still think the premise of the book is shakey at best.

j

Message Index

Replies:

About the novel? (Q) "The fall of Reach"Afoxi 10/11/01 7:18 a.m.
     Re: About the novel? (Q) "The fall of Reach"Louis Wu 10/11/01 7:56 a.m.
           Re: About the novel? (Q) "The fall of Reach"Andrew Nagy 10/11/01 11:18 a.m.
                 Re: About the novel? (Q) "The fall of Reach"Louis Wu 10/11/01 11:44 a.m.
                       Re: About the novel? (Q) "The fall of Reach"eva05 10/11/01 11:54 a.m.
                             You speak the tru7th, but...Djof 10/11/01 1:23 p.m.
                             Re: About the novel? (Q) "The fall of Reach"John Denton 10/11/01 1:39 p.m.
                                   Re: About the novel? (Q) "The fall of Reach"eva05 10/11/01 2:17 p.m.
                                         Re: About the novel? (Q) "The fall of Reach"Andrew Nagy 10/12/01 9:36 p.m.
                                         Re: About the novel? (Q) "The fall of Reach"John Denton 10/13/01 4:55 a.m.
                                               Re: About the novel? (Q) "The fall of Reach"eva05 10/13/01 10:29 p.m.
                                               Re: About the novel? (Q) "The fall of Reach"Eric Trautmann 10/15/01 5:52 p.m.
                                   Re: About the novel? (Q) "The fall of Reach"Eric Trautmann 10/11/01 4:01 p.m.
                                         Re: About the novel? (Q) "The fall of Reach"eva05 10/11/01 7:41 p.m.
                             They love itSaber 10/11/01 2:10 p.m.
                                   You're being sarcastic, right? I hope so... *NM*Fuolornis Fire Dragon 10/11/01 5:14 p.m.
                                         Dashed Hopes...Saber 10/11/01 5:57 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.