Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: About the novel? (Q) "The fall of Reach"
Posted By: eva05Date: 10/11/01 7:41 p.m.

In Response To: Re: About the novel? (Q) "The fall of Reach" (Eric Trautmann)

: Let's just say they're...looking for something. :D

Yeah some character motivation :P

hehe If we take the position that they are religious fanatics I suppose we can extend suspension of belief to include that they might want to smite "infidel monkeys" first hand but...

I just tend to be a stickler for technical/tactical details. I thought the two weapons at a time was very cool but where does our hero carry his ammo? ^_^

I just happen to feel that most future wars will not be fought by ground pounders but mostly gigadeath weapons launched from light years away. The exception is of course special operations work which requires virtual or physical presence of some kind. That was why I initially thought the concept of guerilla war in halo was totally plausible.

But it's sort of turned into more of an action movie than realistic special ops stuff since they started designing their gameplay. We'll see. I love action games so lots of shooting is fine by me ^_^

Only 4 more weeks till the launch party ^^

j

Message Index

Replies:

About the novel? (Q) "The fall of Reach"Afoxi 10/11/01 7:18 a.m.
     Re: About the novel? (Q) "The fall of Reach"Louis Wu 10/11/01 7:56 a.m.
           Re: About the novel? (Q) "The fall of Reach"Andrew Nagy 10/11/01 11:18 a.m.
                 Re: About the novel? (Q) "The fall of Reach"Louis Wu 10/11/01 11:44 a.m.
                       Re: About the novel? (Q) "The fall of Reach"eva05 10/11/01 11:54 a.m.
                             You speak the tru7th, but...Djof 10/11/01 1:23 p.m.
                             Re: About the novel? (Q) "The fall of Reach"John Denton 10/11/01 1:39 p.m.
                                   Re: About the novel? (Q) "The fall of Reach"eva05 10/11/01 2:17 p.m.
                                         Re: About the novel? (Q) "The fall of Reach"Andrew Nagy 10/12/01 9:36 p.m.
                                         Re: About the novel? (Q) "The fall of Reach"John Denton 10/13/01 4:55 a.m.
                                               Re: About the novel? (Q) "The fall of Reach"eva05 10/13/01 10:29 p.m.
                                               Re: About the novel? (Q) "The fall of Reach"Eric Trautmann 10/15/01 5:52 p.m.
                                   Re: About the novel? (Q) "The fall of Reach"Eric Trautmann 10/11/01 4:01 p.m.
                                         Re: About the novel? (Q) "The fall of Reach"eva05 10/11/01 7:41 p.m.
                             They love itSaber 10/11/01 2:10 p.m.
                                   You're being sarcastic, right? I hope so... *NM*Fuolornis Fire Dragon 10/11/01 5:14 p.m.
                                         Dashed Hopes...Saber 10/11/01 5:57 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.