glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

More 5 views - Phantom and Longsword (+ bonus)
Posted By: Bry <bmulheran@gmail.com>Date: 6/14/08 4:06 p.m.

Continuing on from the CCS Battlecruiser and Pelican, here are some more High-resolution and (hopefully) quality reference pictures of some Halo 3 vehicles/objects.
For those people who are interested, might find some fan art/fic inspiration or just like big pretty pictures of Halo technology. :)

Now unfortunately, most of these are too large for photobuckets 1mb limit so I've had to upload through other means. The first 3 are directly photobucket links as is the scale bonus. The rest need to be downloaded, though at least you don't have to mess about with passwords etc.

So I apologise for that inconvenience. I didn't want to shrink them down below a certain size or compress them to a fuzzy mess.
With that in mind here is a zip file of all the images in one download.

Phantom & Longsword complete zip file

Or you can hop on over to my dA Scrapbook where full-size downloads are always available

Can't say I don't give you plenty of choice! Even if I do ramble on.
Some of the Longsword pics also required quite a bit of photoshop work since, well, the only time we get a good look at one its a bit... on fire... which had to be deleted by hand.

...So, first that rare and elusive...

C709 Longsword Interceptor
Front View
Rear View
Side View
Top View
Bottom View < This took quite a bit of work, but I'm quite pleased with how it turned out.

Type-52 Troop Carrier (Phantom)
Front View
Rear View
Side View < With Picture in Picture of the side hatches open.
Top View
Bottom View

And now for the bonus~

H3 models Scale comparison

I say approximate for my own sake, but using the in-game tools, these should actually be pretty accurate comparisons between the 3D models for the Pelican, Phantom and Longsword.
They were measured from the centre of mass, and then climbing the camera by a fixed amount over each one.
Exactly 20 vertical units as displayed in pan-cam. They should be accurate give or take a metre.

So as we can see, it looks like either the Longsword 3D model has been scaled down significantly from its Halo 1 incarnation, like it was in Halo 2.
Or perhaps, since we actually get close to it this time, the Longsword itself may have been ret-conned into a much smaller craft.
...Hmm, come to think of it, I probably should have measured the 'crashing' Longsword model against the 'crashed' one on the Ark...

Message Index

Replies:

More 5 views - Phantom and Longsword (+ bonus)Bry 6/14/08 4:06 p.m.
     That's *awesome*. *NM* *NM*Dirkgently 6/14/08 4:52 p.m.
     Re: More 5 views - Phantom and Longsword (+ bonus)Mid7night 6/14/08 6:30 p.m.
           Re: More 5 views - Phantom and Longsword (+ bonus)Bry 6/14/08 6:46 p.m.
                 Nice!SPU7N1K 6/14/08 10:49 p.m.
                 Very Cool/Longsword ThoughtSonofMacPhisto 6/15/08 12:12 a.m.
                       Re: Very Cool/Longsword ThoughtVincent 6/15/08 3:31 a.m.
                             Re: Very Cool/Longsword ThoughtSonofMacPhisto 6/15/08 11:20 a.m.
     Well well... a revisionBry 6/14/08 6:32 p.m.
           Re: Well well... a revisionVincent 6/15/08 3:19 a.m.
                 Re: Well well... a revisionBry 6/15/08 7:37 a.m.
           Re: Well well... a revisionStephen L. (SoundEffect) 6/15/08 10:59 a.m.
                 Re: Well well... a revisionBry 6/16/08 10:57 a.m.
                       Re: Well well... a revisionStephen L. (SoundEffect) 6/16/08 7:26 p.m.
     Re: More 5 views - Phantom and Longsword (+ bonus)Spartanx5 6/14/08 6:47 p.m.
     Best reference pictures from Halo 3 yet. *NM*jtdoepke 6/15/08 12:08 a.m.
     About that Phantom...BlueNinja 6/15/08 2:09 a.m.
           Re: About that Phantom...Bry 6/15/08 7:33 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.