Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?
Posted By: Stephen L. (SoundEffect) <soundeffect@hotmail.com>Date: 4/11/08 11:20 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon? (reprobate)

: Yeah, I realized that about the sand as I was writing it, but figured what
: the heck. The main point where I have issues is the actual architecture
: being different in these ads from the primary source (Bungie). I
: understand wanting to have the "flavor" be canon though since
: the ads kicked ass. A smaller issue I have, if I could get past the
: architecture being different from Bungie stuff, is the Chief even
: pretending to have been beaten by a Brute. It might go with the desperate
: tone that they were setting for Halo 3, but that isn't what I see when I
: play the games.

Yes, but the Memorial model was created after the events of Halo 3 (within the timeline). To all humans, the Chief is gone. Only we know better. They're not just going to show him lost. He fought at Earth in the Voi region and to most humans was never seen again. It may not be common knowledge that the Ark existed or the mission that took place there. The model depicts the Chief in a heroic fashion. He's gone, but as always, had that one last trick up his sleeve. The John-117 Memorial isn't depicting a snapshot of the battle, it's a dramatic recreation of the overall events at Voi.

My HBO Halo Articles

Message Index

Replies:

Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?Onebitrocket 4/8/08 7:37 a.m.
     Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?Cthulhu117 4/8/08 7:41 a.m.
           Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?Onebitrocket 4/8/08 7:44 a.m.
           Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?DHalo 4/8/08 8:06 a.m.
           Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?kr-1426 4/8/08 2:00 p.m.
                 Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?InnerRayg 4/8/08 3:59 p.m.
     Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?Peptuck 4/8/08 10:50 a.m.
           Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 4/8/08 9:11 p.m.
                 Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?reprobate 4/9/08 4:56 p.m.
                       Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?Peptuck 4/9/08 6:23 p.m.
                             Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) 4/9/08 6:37 p.m.
                                   Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?Peptuck 4/9/08 9:41 p.m.
                                         Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?Cthulhu117 4/10/08 7:46 a.m.
                                               Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 4/10/08 6:18 p.m.
                                                     Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?reprobate 4/11/08 4:29 a.m.
                                                           Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 4/11/08 11:20 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?free 4/12/08 5:13 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 4/12/08 7:44 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?free 4/12/08 9:20 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 4/12/08 9:27 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?free 4/13/08 2:28 p.m.
                                                           Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?Document 4/14/08 11:44 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 4/15/08 8:35 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?elpolloguapo 4/15/08 8:42 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.