Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?
Posted By: Stephen L. (SoundEffect) <soundeffect@hotmail.com>Date: 4/10/08 6:18 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon? (Cthulhu117)

: Or maybe the sand is sand-colored and the commercial just has a really-washed
: out look to it. Which it does, incidentally.

The sand being almost white happens in Egypt even given the right conditions and sunlight, that shouldn't be an issue at all. Sand is like a crystal and with enough light is very reflective. The obvious points from the commercial is a Warthog, Wraith-fire, bubble shields, the storm over the Slipspace portal, and a group of Brutes with a Chieftain nearby. I don't see that the events has to play itself out exactly as in the game. What's right anyway? Every one of us has played through campaign many times I'm sure and no two play-throughs are ever identical. It's the flavor of the commercial, not the specifics.

Same way I see the Believe ads, including the Diorama. First off, the actor ads takes place many years, decades even, after the events of Halo 3. It's a remembered recounting of events. Doesn't need to be too specific.

The diorama has Brutes, the Chief, marines, banshees, Grunts and Jackals, the basic elements of Tsavo Highway areas. Looking closely at the broken highway structure, the beams holding up the highway are spot on to the design of the highway struts from the game. There's an instance where you could have the Chief close enough to a Brute Chieftain to be in physical contact if you wanted to risk it. The Chief wasn't dead from what we see as the end of the ad. Again, it's the flavor not the specifics. I realize we didn't see Scorpions or Hunters on Tsavo Highway...that's just gameplay tweaking or any other justifiable discrepancy between a commercial and a game being developed independently. I'm cool with the flavor of it being canon.

My HBO Articles

Message Index

Replies:

Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?Onebitrocket 4/8/08 7:37 a.m.
     Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?Cthulhu117 4/8/08 7:41 a.m.
           Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?Onebitrocket 4/8/08 7:44 a.m.
           Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?DHalo 4/8/08 8:06 a.m.
           Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?kr-1426 4/8/08 2:00 p.m.
                 Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?InnerRayg 4/8/08 3:59 p.m.
     Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?Peptuck 4/8/08 10:50 a.m.
           Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 4/8/08 9:11 p.m.
                 Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?reprobate 4/9/08 4:56 p.m.
                       Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?Peptuck 4/9/08 6:23 p.m.
                             Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) 4/9/08 6:37 p.m.
                                   Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?Peptuck 4/9/08 9:41 p.m.
                                         Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?Cthulhu117 4/10/08 7:46 a.m.
                                               Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 4/10/08 6:18 p.m.
                                                     Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?reprobate 4/11/08 4:29 a.m.
                                                           Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 4/11/08 11:20 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?free 4/12/08 5:13 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 4/12/08 7:44 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?free 4/12/08 9:20 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 4/12/08 9:27 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?free 4/13/08 2:28 p.m.
                                                           Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?Document 4/14/08 11:44 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 4/15/08 8:35 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Halo 3's ad campaign - canon?elpolloguapo 4/15/08 8:42 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.