Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: So, the array...
Posted By: scarabDate: 4/7/08 3:48 a.m.

In Response To: Re: So, the array... (Billhead)

: if there was such a short range weapon, why not just activate that one in
: halo 1. No flood had left Installation 04, so it would have only required
: a short range attack. I am pretty sure the halos only have one
: setting...to kill all sentient life in the galaxy.

No, Sparky definitly talks of using a tactical blast(?).

Of course, given that the Ark is so far away, the new 04 may have done its usual sized blast and still not hurt anyone in the galaxy. The tactical part may have been down to the fact that the rest of the rings wouldn't follow 04's blast. Sparky could have told the new 04 not to alert the other rings or he could have done some other command and control vodoo because he was at the Ark. Maybe the new 04 wasn't officially part of the array yet.

I still think that tactical blast means a small, localized, firing. But that does leave us wondering why Sparky couldn't have done a tactical firing in the first game.

Maybe he was just being super cautious. But he hadn't seen a reclaimer in 100,000 years, he discovers humanity and human history, and still decides to nuke the galaxy... ???

There are things about the Halo story that fundamentally don't make sense or that take a lot of 'adjusting' to make sense.

Ideas have changed. Earth was the Ark but that changed between h2 and Halo 3. The trail that the Prophets followed to Earth made a degree of sense if Earth was an important place to the Forerunners.

The Halo 3 / Iris version of the Ark and Humanity's position in the Haloverse make it harder to see how the Prophets would find Earth through Forerunner artifacts. Earth was unknown to the Forerunners until immediately prior to array activation. It was far from any important Forerunner place and they had every reason to keep Earth's location secret.

And the Prophets wouldn't be surprised to find Humanity on Earth if they had been following leads from captured Humans or data from captured Human systems.

The best 'adjustment' that I can think of is that they were following bread crumbs that lead to the Ark. They may have been following the Librarian and, to the Prophets, Earth was just another stop on the Librarian's indexing tour of the galaxy.

If the Prophets knew that the Librarian was 'indexing' non-Forerunner species then they would definiitely NOT expect to find Forerunners on Earth. (Regret knew that Humans were Forerunners.)

Has anyone really tried to piece together how indexing works? Or what happened after the array activation? Indexing seems to remove all the people who have been indexed.

From Terminal 4:

L: I've remotely destroyed our Keyships. A security measure. Without them I cannot reach the Ark. But neither then can the thing.

I'm trapped. On a beautiful, empty world. Its inhabitants have been safely indexed, every single one of them. They're special--well worth the effort it took to build one final gateway even at this late hour.

This may be our last communication. I'm begging you. Fire the Array. Light the weapon, and let it be done.

I suspect that Humans and Covenent were indexed and reseeded after the array activation. Who did this? When? Were all indexed races reseeded?

How much, if anything, did Sparky know about us before we turned up at 04?

He recognized us as Reclaimers. Did he know about Humans or did we just have a genetic signiture that a built in Luminary detected?

Message Index

Replies:

So, the array...kanbo 4/7/08 12:35 a.m.
     Re: So, the array...ACEfanatic02 4/7/08 12:47 a.m.
           Re: So, the array...kanbo 4/7/08 12:59 a.m.
                 Re: So, the array...Billhead 4/7/08 1:03 a.m.
                       Re: So, the array...scarab 4/7/08 3:48 a.m.
                             Re: So, the array...Peptuck 4/7/08 5:12 p.m.
           Re: So, the array...Peptuck 4/7/08 4:56 p.m.
     Re: So, the array...Ragashingo 4/7/08 1:13 a.m.
           Yeah, I think you nailed it. *NM*Jordan117 4/7/08 2:04 a.m.
                 Re: Yeah, I think you nailed it.Zerowind117 4/7/08 2:19 a.m.
                       Re: Yeah, I think you nailed it.scarab 4/7/08 3:59 a.m.
                       I remember this theoryJillybean 4/7/08 7:50 a.m.
                             And this oneJillybean 4/7/08 7:52 a.m.
                             That would be a serious bummer. *NM*stan 4/7/08 9:50 a.m.
                       I say the spores aren't sentient... *NM*Don 4/7/08 5:22 p.m.
                       Re: Yeah, I think you nailed it.GatchamanUK 4/8/08 5:00 p.m.
           But this prompts a questionJillybean 4/7/08 7:41 a.m.
                 Oooh - and I just found this...Jillybean 4/7/08 7:47 a.m.
                       Heh...stan 4/7/08 10:02 a.m.
                 Re: But this prompts a questionmub 4/7/08 10:01 a.m.
                       An edit...stan 4/7/08 10:16 a.m.
                 Re: But this prompts a questionAnton P. Nym (aka Steve) 4/7/08 10:39 a.m.
                       Postscript:Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) 4/7/08 10:42 a.m.
                             Re: Postscript:Jillybean 4/7/08 11:12 a.m.
                                   Re: Postscript:DHalo 4/7/08 11:16 a.m.
                                         Re: Postscript:Jillybean 4/7/08 12:19 p.m.
                                               Re: Postscript:Don 4/7/08 5:37 p.m.
                       Re: But this prompts a questionyakaman 4/7/08 12:53 p.m.
                             Re: But this prompts a questionscarab 4/7/08 1:13 p.m.
                             Re: But this prompts a questionPeptuck 4/7/08 5:07 p.m.
                                   Atlantis and the way things werescarab 4/8/08 7:24 a.m.
                                         Re: Atlantis and the way things werescarab 4/8/08 9:43 a.m.
                                         Re: Atlantis and the way things werePeptuck 4/8/08 10:53 a.m.
                                               Re: Atlantis and the way things wereGryphonosiris 4/8/08 12:07 p.m.
                                               Re: Atlantis and the way things wereyakaman 4/8/08 12:07 p.m.
                                               Re: Atlantis and the way things werexenøs 4/8/08 2:51 p.m.
                                                     Re: Atlantis and the way things werescarab 4/8/08 3:08 p.m.
                                               Re: Atlantis and the way things werescarab 4/8/08 3:05 p.m.
                                         Re: Atlantis and the way things wereStephen L. (SoundEffect) 4/8/08 9:17 p.m.
                                               Re: Atlantis and the way things wereRagashingo 4/8/08 11:16 p.m.
                                                     Re: Atlantis and the way things wereStephen L. (SoundEffect) 4/9/08 4:51 p.m.
                                                           Re: Atlantis and the way things wereelpolloguapo 4/9/08 4:53 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Atlantis and the way things werescarab 4/10/08 1:13 a.m.
                       Re: But this prompts a questionPeptuck 4/7/08 5:03 p.m.
                 Re: But this prompts a questionPeptuck 4/7/08 4:59 p.m.
                       Re: But this prompts a questionLeviathan 4/7/08 7:19 p.m.
                             Re: But this prompts a questionkanbo 4/7/08 9:17 p.m.
                                   Re: But this prompts a questionLeviathan 4/7/08 10:25 p.m.
                                         Re: But this prompts a questionscarab 4/8/08 1:16 a.m.
                                               Re: But this prompts a questionLeviathan 4/8/08 2:00 a.m.
                                                     Re: But this prompts a questionscarab 4/8/08 6:57 a.m.
                                                           Re: But this prompts a questionLeviathan 4/8/08 1:08 p.m.
                             Re: But this prompts a questionxenøs 4/8/08 2:58 p.m.
                                   They can reanimate the deadscarab 4/8/08 3:12 p.m.
                 Re: But this prompts a questionMJOLNIR7 4/28/08 11:09 a.m.
                       Re: But this prompts a questionGatchamanUK 4/28/08 1:13 p.m.
     Re: So, the array...Peptuck 4/7/08 4:53 p.m.
     Something I'm having trouble with still..kanbo 4/7/08 11:00 p.m.
           No they ain't...stan 4/8/08 12:09 a.m.
                 Re: No they ain't...Billhead 4/8/08 1:13 a.m.
                       Re: No they ain't...Peptuck 4/8/08 10:57 a.m.
           Re: Something I'm having trouble with still..Peptuck 4/8/08 10:55 a.m.
                 Re: Something I'm having trouble with still..xenøs 4/8/08 3:05 p.m.
                       Re: Something I'm having trouble with still..kanbo 4/8/08 5:34 p.m.
                             Re: Something I'm having trouble with still..deadguy71 4/25/08 1:53 p.m.
                                   Re: Something I'm having trouble with still..deadguy71 4/28/08 6:17 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.