Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: I find TB annoying at the start
Posted By: Narcogen <narcogen@rampancy.net>Date: 1/18/07 11:52 p.m.

In Response To: Re: I find TB annoying at the start (angrymob)

[snip]

: What I really hate is the part after that - where you open the door, and
: there's two elites and two jackals camped outside waiting to gun you down.
: I could never figure out what to do there... always takes me like ten
: minutes to get past them.

Yes, that can be a frustrating bit.

First, I collect weapons from the previous hall. As I understand it, the game won't garbage collect weapons you've picked up and dropped, so I pick up everything and drop it. Most useful are PPs and needlers-- the PRs are pretty much useless at this range.

The situation is pretty tough. You have limited cover and fire from both sides, while your enemy has bad cover (shields) and good cover (crates, corners to both sides of the door).

I generally open the door and immediately run back down the hall around the corner. After a short wait, the enemies seem to adopt a more relaxed posture. Again I'll try to lure some enemies down the corridor to me so I can isolate them, kill them, and take their weapons.

With the cover, though, nabbing the Elites here is tough. They'll avoid PP alt-fires and needler rounds by ducking behind cover. Getting a grenade tag is tough in this spot for some reason-- they always seem to dodge. Sometimes I get lucky. Sometimes I try to use a suppressing fire to get the Elites to huddle behind the crates, and then toss a couple frags behind there, followed by a plasma to either side. If they stay behind the crates, they get the frags. If they leap out, they get the plasma nades. If I hurt one of them badly enough, they'll charge, and hopefully I still have shotgun rounds at this point.

: On the other hand, consider that you're dealing with the end of all life as
: we know it in the galaxy - would you really want to take chances?

Well, that's justification for why the Chief follows Cortana's instructions.

I think the big question is, with Cortana in the Core for 12 hours and all the information she has absorbed, one would imagine she'd understand enough about the system (as she seems to know quite a lot) to know whether or not it is possible. I think her reasoning was other than what she tells the Chief.

Let's assume, for instance, that the Chief should fail to destroy the PoA and Halo with it. Eventually, the monitor would recover the index. Destroying the pulse generators would delay the Monitor's attempts to get another Reclaimer to fire the installation.

Notable Brutes

Message Index

Replies:

Attack on the Control Room- Best level ever?Jman 1/15/07 6:21 p.m.
     Re: Attack on the Control Room- Best level ever?Twitch 1/15/07 7:19 p.m.
           DOH! *NM*Jman 1/15/07 8:30 p.m.
     Re: Attack on the Control Room- Best level ever?Rockslider 1/15/07 7:57 p.m.
           Re: Attack on the Control Room- Best level ever?Jman 1/15/07 8:46 p.m.
           Re: Attack on the Control Room- Best level ever?3Suns 1/15/07 9:00 p.m.
           Re: Attack on the Control Room- Best level ever?Peptuck 1/16/07 2:02 p.m.
                 Re: Attack on the Control Room- Best level ever?Rockslider 1/16/07 5:31 p.m.
                       Re: Attack on the Control Room- Best level ever?scarab 1/16/07 6:20 p.m.
     Re: Attack on the Control Room- Best level ever?TelTura 1/15/07 8:33 p.m.
           Re: Attack on the Control Room- Best level ever?Jman 1/15/07 9:28 p.m.
                 Re: Attack on the Control Room- Best level ever?Narcogen 1/15/07 10:17 p.m.
                       Re: Attack on the Control Room- Best level ever?scarab 1/16/07 1:19 a.m.
                             Stealth in the third roomRockslider 1/16/07 5:17 p.m.
                                   Re: Stealth in the third roomscarab 1/16/07 5:26 p.m.
                       Re: Attack on the Control Room- Best level ever?GhaleonEB 1/16/07 2:44 a.m.
                 Re: Attack on the Control Room- Best level ever?3Suns 1/16/07 1:28 a.m.
                 Tough stealth challenge in the seventh roomRockslider 1/16/07 5:11 p.m.
           Delta Halo/Regret Level for me...Wooskies 1/16/07 12:38 p.m.
     Re: Attack on the Control Room- Best level ever?scarab 1/16/07 1:00 a.m.
     Re: Attack on the Control Room- Best level ever?Owm 1/16/07 2:11 a.m.
           Weapon omissionsRockslider 1/17/07 12:46 p.m.
                 Re: Weapon omissionsUrsusArctos 1/17/07 10:03 p.m.
                       Re: Weapon omissionsRockslider 1/19/07 12:32 p.m.
                             Re: Weapon omissionsUrsusArctos 1/20/07 1:48 a.m.
     Re: Attack on the Control Room- Best level ever?Peptuck 1/16/07 2:09 p.m.
           Re: Attack on the Control Room- Best level ever?scarab 1/16/07 3:48 p.m.
           End of TB strategiesNarcogen 1/16/07 11:16 p.m.
           I find TB annoying at the startRockslider 1/17/07 12:42 p.m.
                 Re: I find TB annoying at the startscarab 1/17/07 1:35 p.m.
                       Re: I find TB annoying at the startBlack Guard 1/17/07 6:52 p.m.
                 Re: I find TB annoying at the startNarcogen 1/18/07 4:59 a.m.
                       Re: I find TB annoying at the startangrymob 1/18/07 2:08 p.m.
                             Re: I find TB annoying at the startNarcogen 1/18/07 11:52 p.m.
                                   I like Halo's exuberance.scarab 1/19/07 7:54 a.m.
                                         Re: I like Halo's exuberance.Owm 1/19/07 4:55 p.m.
                                         Trickery and predictabilityRockslider 1/19/07 5:14 p.m.
                                   Re: I find TB annoying at the startBlack Guard 1/19/07 7:22 p.m.
                       Re: I find TB annoying at the startRockslider 1/18/07 4:00 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.