glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Attack on the Control Room- Best level ever?
Posted By: scarabDate: 1/16/07 3:48 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Attack on the Control Room- Best level ever? (Peptuck)

: Don't get me started on Two Betrayals, though. Covenant are fun to fight in
: the open and in tight corridors, but Flood....I'd prefer fighting them in
: the Library and Keyes over the corridor battles in Two Betrayals.

I love running up into the Flood filled loft. (The room from AotCR that is needler city). Its intense!

insidi0us showed us how to avoid that last Flood rocketeer in the connecting corridor. Just jump over the rocket. :-) (wish that worked elsewhere :-) )

: Also, that giant megabattle at the end frustrates me to no end. Its fun as
: hell, but enraging at the same time. I've never been able to clear out the
: entire Covenant force on Legendary, and its frustrating as all hell to get
: killed by one of the million and a half Stealth Elites after half an hour
: of sniping and picking off Wraiths. It feels cheap and annoying; even
: Jackal Snipers are less of a pain.

There are usually 5 invis Elites, a pair and a group of 3.

You've almost got it.

Stay near your Ghost and entice them out to do battle. Then jump onto the Ghost on the first sign of an invisble Elite and circle strafe them into oblivion.

The group of three tend to hang around the ice pond and the big rocks at the end farthest from their mates. I don't think that they appear until after the Wraiths are gone. Great for Ghost circle strafing.

The pair tend to hang back near their mates. There are a couple of rocks on the left near the door. Use them for cover and snipe the Elites. This gets the invis Elites interested. They are difficult here because they have cover from their mates and you haven't the room to circle strafe. I still find that the Ghost's weapons gives me the edge.

Maybe other people have better ideas.

I hope that Halo 3 Elites revert to the Halo style near invisibility with no (or weak) shields.

There is no point in having an invisible Elite that you can see from the other side of the map. And you certainly don't want an invisible Elite with tough shields. Do you think we'll fight invisible Brutes?

I leave the Hunters to last then just run up to them and beat them to death with my fist. (h2 Hunters are an improvement on the originals, though I don't like their cannon effect as much)

Message Index

Replies:

Attack on the Control Room- Best level ever?Jman 1/15/07 6:21 p.m.
     Re: Attack on the Control Room- Best level ever?Twitch 1/15/07 7:19 p.m.
           DOH! *NM*Jman 1/15/07 8:30 p.m.
     Re: Attack on the Control Room- Best level ever?Rockslider 1/15/07 7:57 p.m.
           Re: Attack on the Control Room- Best level ever?Jman 1/15/07 8:46 p.m.
           Re: Attack on the Control Room- Best level ever?3Suns 1/15/07 9:00 p.m.
           Re: Attack on the Control Room- Best level ever?Peptuck 1/16/07 2:02 p.m.
                 Re: Attack on the Control Room- Best level ever?Rockslider 1/16/07 5:31 p.m.
                       Re: Attack on the Control Room- Best level ever?scarab 1/16/07 6:20 p.m.
     Re: Attack on the Control Room- Best level ever?TelTura 1/15/07 8:33 p.m.
           Re: Attack on the Control Room- Best level ever?Jman 1/15/07 9:28 p.m.
                 Re: Attack on the Control Room- Best level ever?Narcogen 1/15/07 10:17 p.m.
                       Re: Attack on the Control Room- Best level ever?scarab 1/16/07 1:19 a.m.
                             Stealth in the third roomRockslider 1/16/07 5:17 p.m.
                                   Re: Stealth in the third roomscarab 1/16/07 5:26 p.m.
                       Re: Attack on the Control Room- Best level ever?GhaleonEB 1/16/07 2:44 a.m.
                 Re: Attack on the Control Room- Best level ever?3Suns 1/16/07 1:28 a.m.
                 Tough stealth challenge in the seventh roomRockslider 1/16/07 5:11 p.m.
           Delta Halo/Regret Level for me...Wooskies 1/16/07 12:38 p.m.
     Re: Attack on the Control Room- Best level ever?scarab 1/16/07 1:00 a.m.
     Re: Attack on the Control Room- Best level ever?Owm 1/16/07 2:11 a.m.
           Weapon omissionsRockslider 1/17/07 12:46 p.m.
                 Re: Weapon omissionsUrsusArctos 1/17/07 10:03 p.m.
                       Re: Weapon omissionsRockslider 1/19/07 12:32 p.m.
                             Re: Weapon omissionsUrsusArctos 1/20/07 1:48 a.m.
     Re: Attack on the Control Room- Best level ever?Peptuck 1/16/07 2:09 p.m.
           Re: Attack on the Control Room- Best level ever?scarab 1/16/07 3:48 p.m.
           End of TB strategiesNarcogen 1/16/07 11:16 p.m.
           I find TB annoying at the startRockslider 1/17/07 12:42 p.m.
                 Re: I find TB annoying at the startscarab 1/17/07 1:35 p.m.
                       Re: I find TB annoying at the startBlack Guard 1/17/07 6:52 p.m.
                 Re: I find TB annoying at the startNarcogen 1/18/07 4:59 a.m.
                       Re: I find TB annoying at the startangrymob 1/18/07 2:08 p.m.
                             Re: I find TB annoying at the startNarcogen 1/18/07 11:52 p.m.
                                   I like Halo's exuberance.scarab 1/19/07 7:54 a.m.
                                         Re: I like Halo's exuberance.Owm 1/19/07 4:55 p.m.
                                         Trickery and predictabilityRockslider 1/19/07 5:14 p.m.
                                   Re: I find TB annoying at the startBlack Guard 1/19/07 7:22 p.m.
                       Re: I find TB annoying at the startRockslider 1/18/07 4:00 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.