Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Story and Gameplay Integration
Posted By: 3Suns <mrguenter@hotmail.com>Date: 1/16/07 1:19 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Story and Gameplay Integration (Narcogen)

: For one thing, I think if Halo 3 could be completed, first time through, in
: five or six hours, the gaming press would tear it to pieces and the
: general gaming public would consider it a ripoff for $60. Most gamers, I
: think, don't replay campaign as much as, say, the average HBOer.

You are absolutely right, and it is absolutely crazy. If I were to calculate the value of a game using the price divided by the number of hours played, most of my games would be more than $5.00 an hour (with some being more than $10). Halo would be 30 CENTS an hour (using an unrealistically conservative number for hours spent playing XBL MP). With the Halos we have always been getting 2 Triple A games. This is evidenced by the fact that their is actually a dichotomy in gamers - those who play (like) the campaign so much the play it for hours and hours, and those who play (like) the MP, and that many do one or the other!

Until recently, I thought most from HBO were playing both Campaign and MP. I have been really surprised to find out how many here don't actually play very much MP.

: I've always thought 12-15 hour campaign was a sweet spot. I tend not to hurry
: the first time through, anyway.

Yeah, I agree, though personally, I don't mind anymore if the game is short. At least I know I will get to play it through within a week or two.

: Not sure if it was a thread here, it may have been something I posted at
: rampancy.net.

Narc, if you come across it let me know (though you need not spend any time looking for it).

Message Index

Replies:

Susan O'Connor - process of games writing OT3Suns 1/10/07 2:50 a.m.
     Re: Susan O'Connor - process of games writing OTJillybean 1/10/07 3:41 a.m.
           Re: Susan O'Connor - process of games writing OTCaptain Spark 1/10/07 7:57 a.m.
                 Re: Susan O'Connor - process of games writing OTJillybean 1/10/07 10:57 a.m.
                       Slight edit . .Jillybean 1/10/07 10:58 a.m.
                             Here's the interview link:FoolsRun 1/10/07 11:33 a.m.
                                   Thank you! *NM*Jillybean 1/10/07 12:42 p.m.
                       Re: Susan O'Connor - process of games writing OTCaptain Spark 1/10/07 12:48 p.m.
                             Re: Susan O'Connor - process of games writing OTThe More Deluded 1/10/07 12:52 p.m.
                                   Re: Susan O'Connor - process of games writing OTCaptain Spark 1/10/07 5:32 p.m.
                             Re: Susan O'Connor - process of games writing OTJillybean 1/10/07 12:57 p.m.
                                   The Halo Campaigns. My review.3Suns 1/11/07 1:31 p.m.
                                         Re: The Halo Campaigns. My review.Louis Wu 1/11/07 2:03 p.m.
                                               Re: The Halo Campaigns. My review.3Suns 1/11/07 5:40 p.m.
                                         Story and Gameplay IntegrationNarcogen 1/12/07 2:31 a.m.
                                               Re: Story and Gameplay IntegrationJman 1/12/07 2:59 a.m.
                                                     Re: Story and Gameplay Integrationreprobate 1/12/07 4:40 a.m.
                                                           Re: Story and Gameplay Integrationreprobate 1/12/07 4:44 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Story and Gameplay IntegrationNarcogen 1/12/07 5:45 a.m.
                                               Re: Story and Gameplay Integration3Suns 1/13/07 10:26 a.m.
                                                     Re: Story and Gameplay IntegrationNarcogen 1/15/07 12:54 a.m.
                                                           Re: Story and Gameplay Integration3Suns 1/15/07 8:56 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Story and Gameplay IntegrationNarcogen 1/15/07 10:13 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Story and Gameplay Integration3Suns 1/16/07 1:19 a.m.
                                                                             Battle-based gamesRockslider 1/17/07 12:33 p.m.
                                                     Re: Story and Gameplay IntegrationPeptuck 1/16/07 1:59 p.m.
                                                           Re: Story and Gameplay IntegrationUrsusArctos 1/17/07 5:15 a.m.
                                               Re: Story and Gameplay IntegrationCody Miller 1/16/07 12:32 a.m.
                                                     Re: Story and Gameplay IntegrationNarcogen 1/16/07 1:58 a.m.
                                                           Re: Story and Gameplay Integration3Suns 1/16/07 3:16 a.m.
                                                           Re: Story and Gameplay IntegrationMa1agate 1/16/07 9:25 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Story and Gameplay IntegrationAnton P. Nym (aka Steve) 1/16/07 10:13 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Story and Gameplay IntegrationSep7imus [subnova] 1/16/07 11:00 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Story and Gameplay IntegrationPeptuck 1/16/07 1:45 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Story and Gameplay IntegrationHikaru-119 1/16/07 10:56 a.m.
                                                                       Non-Stop ActionNarcogen 1/16/07 11:02 p.m.
                                                                 Ken Levine on using quiet in games3Suns 1/23/07 2:26 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Ken Levine on using quiet in gamesRed_Breast 1/23/07 12:02 p.m.
                                                           Re: Story and Gameplay IntegrationCody Miller 1/17/07 1:28 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Story and Gameplay IntegrationNarcogen 1/18/07 4:47 a.m.
                                         Re: The Halo Campaigns. My review.Cody Miller 1/16/07 12:17 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.