Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: how Spartans might be handled
Posted By: Baz <lordbaztard@gmail.com>Date: 9/29/06 5:52 a.m.

In Response To: how Spartans might be handled (Document)

: I think even having the concept of "spammable units" in this game
: would be uncool. The humans are supposed to be vastly outnumbered.

I know, I hate spammable units as well. I much prefer a game where I build a small handful of units and use them intelligently over the zerg rush method.

: On the other hand, this would mess up the Bungie philosophy of having as
: little data as possible carry over from chapter to chapter. Maybe they
: could do it like Myth II or Brothers in Arms (or Sergeant Johnson in
: Halo 1), where if a Spartan dies they reappear on the next level with no
: questions asked.

See, I think they just did that because they really can't control what the non-player characters would do mid mission, so they let the game continue as if they survived. I tend to not like missions where I have to protect AI but the AI does everything it can to die and then you fail the mission.

: Alternatively, when a Spartan "dies" you could require the player
: to bring back their body (just like Linda in FoR), and then they get fixed
: up in time for the next mission.

I'd rather not do that because doing it for every character just destroys the point of giving each character due care, given linda is also the only spartan we know of to have been revived like that, it works better to have them stay dead. More games need to have the consequence of action type setup. If you waste that unit then you find another way. No sudden "oh I'm back, The medic patched me up good" "but you fell into a black hole" "it was only a small scratch" kind of thing.

Message Index

Replies:

Elites in Halo Wars. Contradiction with FoR?Document 9/27/06 3:52 p.m.
     Re: Elites in Halo Wars. Contradiction with FoR?Count Zero 9/27/06 3:54 p.m.
           Re: Elites in Halo Wars. Contradiction with FoR?dude 9/27/06 4:01 p.m.
                 Re: Elites in Halo Wars. Contradiction with FoR?ShortRoundMcfly 9/27/06 4:15 p.m.
     Re: Elites in Halo Wars. Contradiction with FoR?Mister Froggy 9/27/06 3:57 p.m.
           Re: Elites in Halo Wars. Contradiction with FoR?Huricos 9/27/06 4:02 p.m.
                 Re: Elites in Halo Wars. Contradiction with FoR?Phoenix42 9/27/06 4:38 p.m.
           Re: Elites in Halo Wars. Contradiction with FoR?Document 9/27/06 5:00 p.m.
     Re: Elites in Halo Wars. Contradiction with FoR?Gordon Freeman 9/27/06 4:05 p.m.
           Re: Elites in Halo Wars. Contradiction with FoR?Lysander19 9/27/06 4:09 p.m.
                 Re: Elites in Halo Wars. Contradiction with FoR?MffnMn 9/27/06 4:13 p.m.
                       Re: Elites in Halo Wars. Contradiction with FoR?Document 9/27/06 5:02 p.m.
           Re: Elites in Halo Wars. Contradiction with FoR?Pak 9/27/06 4:10 p.m.
     Re: Elites in Halo Wars. Contradiction with FoR?Bry 9/27/06 4:23 p.m.
           Re: Elites in Halo Wars. Contradiction with FoR?tsuranuku 9/27/06 4:28 p.m.
                 Re: Elites in Halo Wars. Contradiction with FoR?ShortRoundMcfly 9/27/06 4:35 p.m.
                       Re: Elites in Halo Wars. Contradiction with FoR?Narcogen 9/28/06 5:10 a.m.
                 Re: Elites in Halo Wars. Contradiction with FoR?Black Guard 9/28/06 5:29 a.m.
           Re: Elites in Halo Wars. Contradiction with FoR?WortroW 9/27/06 4:57 p.m.
                 Re: Elites in Halo Wars. Contradiction with FoR?Bry 9/27/06 5:06 p.m.
                       Re: Elites in Halo Wars. Contradiction with FoR?subtlebob 9/27/06 5:11 p.m.
                             Re: Elites in Halo Wars. Contradiction with FoR?Bry 9/27/06 5:14 p.m.
                 If there's time travel, I shall be cross. *NM*Document 9/27/06 5:11 p.m.
     Re: Elites in Halo Wars. Contradiction with FoR?Baz 9/28/06 7:40 a.m.
           I didn't say any of those things you quoted. *NM*Document 9/28/06 11:04 a.m.
           how Spartans might be handledDocument 9/28/06 2:28 p.m.
                 Re: how Spartans might be handledBaz 9/29/06 5:41 a.m.
                 Re: how Spartans might be handledBaz 9/29/06 5:52 a.m.
                       Re: how Spartans might be handledDocument 9/29/06 12:43 p.m.
                       Re: how Spartans might be handledDocument 9/30/06 2:30 p.m.
                             Re: how Spartans might be handledBaz 9/30/06 3:23 p.m.
                                   http://www.overcompensating.com/2006/02/lot.html *NM*Document 10/1/06 11:34 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.