glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Elites in Halo Wars. Contradiction with FoR?
Posted By: Baz <lordbaztard@gmail.com>Date: 9/28/06 7:40 a.m.

In Response To: Elites in Halo Wars. Contradiction with FoR? (Document)

Sheesh. So many picket fence experts suddenly appear (I'm aware of irony here :D) and wonder if it contradicts Fall of Reach, did anyone read them? the Mjolinir prototype armour appeared in 2525 in the battle that claimed Sam's life. The prototype did look essentially the same just a tad bulkier.

:Wait a second, why is there Mjolnir armor in the trailer? I understand
:they had some really early and simple versions for a long time, but
:should there really be a whole platoon full of people clad in them?

Yes. Watch the teaser again and count the amount of spartans in shot. Note the colour difference between the soldiers. There are five spartans in shot. Also note that armor is alot bulkier than standard mjolinir and I'm inclined to believe that is the prototype armour. I'll also point out that spartans tended to work in small groups. Place four to five spartans on the ground and they got the job done very effectively.

:Another thing is that the marines and all the Spartans were carrying
:Battle Rifles. And I'm pretty sure the Banshees were first encountered
:at Reach as well.

Newp. They are first mentioned in the prologue of fall of reach but given what was said at the end of that brief opening about how hard the spartans had been fighting them on the ground I would hazard a guess that the spartans are fairly familiar with the enemy units.

It was a curious decision to have the battle rifles too... that's the only obvious wrong thing about the teaser.

Having said all that, I'm still mixed about the teaser for Halo Wars. Mainly because it is a 360 real-time strategy and they just do not work on console and I'm not entirely sure we need more halo games. I love the books and I absolutely adored I Love Bees. If anything I want more of those characters.

Although if Halo Wars gives us a chance to use all the spartans and I think they should be hero units or unique squads rather than spammable units. Using spartans as an actual resource to be used carefully could be cool too and if you lose a spartan, you lose him or her for good. Meaning if you waste them, you're boned.

Message Index

Replies:

Elites in Halo Wars. Contradiction with FoR?Document 9/27/06 3:52 p.m.
     Re: Elites in Halo Wars. Contradiction with FoR?Count Zero 9/27/06 3:54 p.m.
           Re: Elites in Halo Wars. Contradiction with FoR?dude 9/27/06 4:01 p.m.
                 Re: Elites in Halo Wars. Contradiction with FoR?ShortRoundMcfly 9/27/06 4:15 p.m.
     Re: Elites in Halo Wars. Contradiction with FoR?Mister Froggy 9/27/06 3:57 p.m.
           Re: Elites in Halo Wars. Contradiction with FoR?Huricos 9/27/06 4:02 p.m.
                 Re: Elites in Halo Wars. Contradiction with FoR?Phoenix42 9/27/06 4:38 p.m.
           Re: Elites in Halo Wars. Contradiction with FoR?Document 9/27/06 5:00 p.m.
     Re: Elites in Halo Wars. Contradiction with FoR?Gordon Freeman 9/27/06 4:05 p.m.
           Re: Elites in Halo Wars. Contradiction with FoR?Lysander19 9/27/06 4:09 p.m.
                 Re: Elites in Halo Wars. Contradiction with FoR?MffnMn 9/27/06 4:13 p.m.
                       Re: Elites in Halo Wars. Contradiction with FoR?Document 9/27/06 5:02 p.m.
           Re: Elites in Halo Wars. Contradiction with FoR?Pak 9/27/06 4:10 p.m.
     Re: Elites in Halo Wars. Contradiction with FoR?Bry 9/27/06 4:23 p.m.
           Re: Elites in Halo Wars. Contradiction with FoR?tsuranuku 9/27/06 4:28 p.m.
                 Re: Elites in Halo Wars. Contradiction with FoR?ShortRoundMcfly 9/27/06 4:35 p.m.
                       Re: Elites in Halo Wars. Contradiction with FoR?Narcogen 9/28/06 5:10 a.m.
                 Re: Elites in Halo Wars. Contradiction with FoR?Black Guard 9/28/06 5:29 a.m.
           Re: Elites in Halo Wars. Contradiction with FoR?WortroW 9/27/06 4:57 p.m.
                 Re: Elites in Halo Wars. Contradiction with FoR?Bry 9/27/06 5:06 p.m.
                       Re: Elites in Halo Wars. Contradiction with FoR?subtlebob 9/27/06 5:11 p.m.
                             Re: Elites in Halo Wars. Contradiction with FoR?Bry 9/27/06 5:14 p.m.
                 If there's time travel, I shall be cross. *NM*Document 9/27/06 5:11 p.m.
     Re: Elites in Halo Wars. Contradiction with FoR?Baz 9/28/06 7:40 a.m.
           I didn't say any of those things you quoted. *NM*Document 9/28/06 11:04 a.m.
           how Spartans might be handledDocument 9/28/06 2:28 p.m.
                 Re: how Spartans might be handledBaz 9/29/06 5:41 a.m.
                 Re: how Spartans might be handledBaz 9/29/06 5:52 a.m.
                       Re: how Spartans might be handledDocument 9/29/06 12:43 p.m.
                       Re: how Spartans might be handledDocument 9/30/06 2:30 p.m.
                             Re: how Spartans might be handledBaz 9/30/06 3:23 p.m.
                                   http://www.overcompensating.com/2006/02/lot.html *NM*Document 10/1/06 11:34 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.