Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Why would GM be stranded on Delta?
Posted By: Ma1agateDate: 3/7/06 11:12 a.m.

In Response To: Why would GM be stranded on Delta? (PharoahsRaiment)

: Why COULDN'T GM get the Flood to reach earth? I mean, is he really that
: stranded? They definitely have enough ships still on Delta that they could
: control. I don't know why the Flood wouldn't be able to repair
: them...especially...err...espescial...omg i can't spell today...i mean
: cortana being there. And wouldn't that spike the intense even more? The MC
: fighting on Earth, then they realize that the Flood is making its way
: towards Earth right then, so they're forced to activate the system while
: getting as many people as possible inside the Ark? (Unless the entire
: planet is the Ark). That would be pretty cool.

Must...resist...urge...correct...grammar....

My understanding is that the Forerunner ship was powering HC. HC will not have the juice to power any jump drives or what-have-you that HC uses for movement now that the ship has decoupled, so the Gravemind is effectively stranded.

Something that just occurred to me though, is this: Why is Truth taking a covenant ship to Earth? Why doesn't he take the Forerunner ship? I guess that could be written off as the Covenant being ignorant of Forerunner tech, fair enough. Does Truth intend to return to HC? I suppose not if he is to be one of the only beings left alive. I guess nobody would be alive to pilot his ships. I wonder where all the other Prophets are during all this. It seems odd that Truth would want to activate the rings if he is going to be the only being left. You would think that he would keep a cadre close to him and wouldn't be so quick to let his lieutenants, like Mercy, just die off.

His lack forethought in his actions near the end of the game leads me a bit further back in the direction of Truth really believing what he is preaching. Now that he has the coordinates for Earth, it seems he doesn't care about anything else but getting there and activating the rings. This could mesh with my favorite theory, that Truth just wants to eliminate all other races with the Halos so the Prophets can dominate the galaxy, but it could also be seen as him really wanting to get on with the Great Journey as a believer.

He wouldn't care about followers or anything at that point if he really believed in the Great Journey, because it would be at hand and he wouldn't have to worry about anything after that. Now he has everything he needs to activate the rings, so if he was a true believer, everything else at that point would become secondary.

That's the only point where I think the Covenant-is-a-sham theory goes out the window. Truth doesn't take any actions to preserve anything that he holds dear at the end of Halo 2. It seems to be all about activating the Halos for him. This behavior needs to be reconciled with the Covenant-is-a-sham theory, IMO, because him being the sole survivor of the Halos doesn't make sense to me. What would be the point of that?

~Ma1

Message Index

Replies:

Great Journey at Earth?Bodie 3/6/06 1:57 a.m.
     Re: Great Journey at Earth?Narcogen 3/6/06 2:22 a.m.
           Re: Great Journey at Earth?Bodie 3/6/06 2:29 a.m.
                 Re: Great Journey at Earth?Narcogen 3/6/06 4:37 a.m.
                       Re: Great Journey at Earth?Ma1agate 3/6/06 2:41 p.m.
                             Re: Great Journey at Earth?Narcogen 3/6/06 8:18 p.m.
                                   Re: Great Journey at Earth?Ma1agate 3/7/06 10:37 a.m.
                             Re: Great Journey at Earth?Twelve Large 3/6/06 8:37 p.m.
           Re: Great Journey at Earth?Cocopjojo 3/6/06 2:30 a.m.
     Re: Great Journey at Earth?Construct-III (aka: AI Con.) 3/6/06 9:09 a.m.
     Re: Great Journey at Earth?Peptuck 3/6/06 10:55 a.m.
           Re: Great Journey at Earth?Bodie 3/6/06 3:12 p.m.
     Why would GM be stranded on Delta?PharoahsRaiment 3/7/06 10:34 a.m.
           Re: Why would GM be stranded on Delta?Ma1agate 3/7/06 11:12 a.m.
                 Re: Why would GM be stranded on Delta?Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 3/7/06 11:33 a.m.
                       Re: Why would GM be stranded on Delta?Ma1agate 3/7/06 1:04 p.m.
                             Re: Why would GM be stranded on Delta?Stephen L. (SoundEffect) 3/7/06 2:07 p.m.
                 Re: Why would GM be stranded on Delta?Peptuck 3/7/06 11:45 a.m.
           Re: Why would GM be stranded on Delta?Narcogen 3/8/06 2:21 a.m.
                 Re: Why would GM be stranded on Delta?Mordrorru 3/8/06 10:19 a.m.
                       Re: Why would GM be stranded on Delta?Azmaria Einsatz 3/19/06 11:05 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.