Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: New advice on the spiral path megabattle
Posted By: Captain SparkDate: 1/26/06 9:23 p.m.

In Response To: Re: New advice on the spiral path megabattle (rockslider)

: You can't get 59? And you're being careful? My new section on 'Making sure
: enemies materialize' may be relevant; e.g. you can lose out on lots if you
: whizzed through the earlier part of the level without killing everyone.
: However, I've no experience with the PC version at all. Can't think why it
: would be designed with fewer enemies, unless it's something to do with
: worrying about whether all PCs would be able to cope. The new section on
: 'Enemy numbers' gives a complete breakdown (for the Xbox version) if
: you're interested in checking where the PC version differs.

I have noticed a few subtle differences between the x box and the PC version. Mostly subtle differences in the battle lengths and not usually in the amount of enemies in any given area. There is a battle in the level Keyes about half way through where you see 4 elites on a platform with a Shade turret. I believe it's the landing bay, and the Flood drop down and attack the Covenant in the area. The battle with the X Box version is huge, lots of Flood and Covenant, with the PC version the battle is much shorter with fewer enemies.
As often as I've tried I haven't been able to get more the 50 enemies in the area yet.

: You dare to tweak the glorious Neddler? Seriously though, it all sounds like
: a lot of fun. I'm guessing that 'Halo Map Tools' is something that lets
: you tamper with the PC version. What the heck a Sheeps Trainer is, I've no
: idea. I'm trying to imagine a seven-fold increase in needle rate, but it's
: making me dribble at the mouth quite badly now, so I'd better stop.

Oh man, do I ever tweak the Needler. Using HMT nearly every aspect of the Needler, or any other weapon, can be adjusted, rate of fire, ammo per shot, homing ability and so on. Giving the Battle Rifle homing plasma grenades is a hoot to watch as well.
I turn down the damage the needles inflict and really torture the enemies. Another tweak I apply to the Needler is giving the weapon a zoom capability and giving the needles infinite range. Doing that makes the needles home in on enemies from a greater distance depending on the amount of times you zoom the sight. I've always said that the Needler is the greatest weapon in Halo 1, it is the ultimate Elite killer.

The Sheeps trainer is an small piece of software that you put in the main Halo PC directory and you run the game using it. It allows the player to choose

1 - Infinite Health + Energy
2 - Infinite Ammo
3 - No Weapon Overheating
4 - Infinite Flashlight
5 - Invisibility
6 - Instant Kill Ammo
7 - Vertical Limits Ammo
8 - Chaos Sight On
9 - Chaos Sight Off
K - Freeze Universe On
L - Freeze Universe Off

You use the number keys to choose whatever feature you want and you can use any one or all the features at the same time.

1 through 6 are self explanatory. 7 - Vertical Limits Ammo, causes whatever you shoot at to shoot up in the air, trees, rocks, vehicles and enemy characters. Not a very useful feature, I rarely use it. Chaos sight On, causes the enemies to fight each other, Marines, Covenant and Flood beat the tar out of each other while you stand back and watch the fun. Freeze Universe On is just a pause for the action, I use this to get past a group of enemies to get them to follow me.

: Dang, sounds like I really AM missing out there! I wonder if you've tried
: getting everyone clustered behind a blockade (as in 'Ice horde carnage')
: and doing your nuke thing on them. Maybe not a good idea: I think your
: hardware might ignite or something.

I have tried that before with the same results as the spiral path battle. My computer I run Halo PC on is a dual Xeon system with two 2.8 ghz CPU's with 2 gigs of ram an ATI Radeon Pro 256 meg video card and the fastest hard drive currently available...meltdowns are not an issue :)

: Thanks. Don't worry, lots more still to come. I've got a big grunty backlog
: in fact.

Message Index

Replies:

New advice on the spiral path megabattlerockslider 1/26/06 6:11 a.m.
     Brilliant, as usual. Excellent work *NM*Devil Mingy 1/26/06 7:21 a.m.
     Re: New advice on the spiral path megabattleCaptain Spark 1/26/06 10:14 a.m.
           Re: New advice on the spiral path megabattlerockslider 1/26/06 5:26 p.m.
                 Couple quick questions on the rockslide megabattle7he grunt w/a plasma pistol 1/26/06 8:40 p.m.
                       Re: Couple quick questions on the rockslide megabarockslider 1/27/06 10:58 a.m.
                 Re: New advice on the spiral path megabattleCaptain Spark 1/26/06 9:23 p.m.
                       Good vibrationsrockslider 1/27/06 10:51 a.m.
                             Re: Good vibrationsCaptain Spark 1/27/06 11:36 a.m.
     YES! SUZIE'S COMING BACK!!!*NM* *NM*Cipher 1/26/06 3:19 p.m.
     Re: New advice on the spiral path megabattleMangler 1/27/06 10:10 a.m.
           Re: New advice on the spiral path megabattlerockslider 1/28/06 7:17 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.