Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Horde boosting in the spiral path megabattle
Posted By: rocksliderDate: 1/12/06 1:35 p.m.

There's a new page in the spiral path megabattle section at Bad Cyborg, about a method of boosting the size of the initial horde that comes down the path or accumulates behind a blockade. You can get EVERYONE to join in, rather than hanging back as many would normally do. That can be around 50 enemies on Heroic or Legendary. Better hope your Mjolnir's in good shape! There are other benefits too. A change in enemy behaviour allows some novel battle plans, you can bring extra Marines to the party (potentially giving you ELEVEN ready for battle), and you can arrange to play without music if that's what you prefer.

The method was originally used in the recent 'Ice horde carnage' update, but then I realized it had a lot more potential and gave it the full works. I've had some great megabattling using this idea (it was a bad Christmas for the covies), so give it a go!

Also, the rest of the spiral path section has had quite a bit of revision and includes new tips here and there, some of which is flagged on my index page. See 'Latest updates'.

http://freespace.virgin.net/bad.cyborg/SPM/HordeBoosting.html

Message Index

Replies:

Horde boosting in the spiral path megabattlerockslider 1/12/06 1:35 p.m.
     Sweet! *NM*BJB 1/12/06 1:43 p.m.
     Re: Horde boosting in the spiral path megabattleSlimby 1/12/06 3:23 p.m.
     Re: Horde boosting in the spiral path megabattlezilla sushi 1/12/06 4:39 p.m.
           Re: Horde boosting in the spiral path megabattlerockslider 1/12/06 5:47 p.m.
     Re: Horde boosting in the spiral path megabattlePvt. Jenkins 1/12/06 5:23 p.m.
     Re: Horde boosting in the spiral path megabattlePeronthious 1/12/06 6:08 p.m.
           Re: Horde boosting in the spiral path megabattlerockslider 1/12/06 7:14 p.m.
                 Re: Horde boosting in the spiral path megabattlePeronthious 1/12/06 7:57 p.m.
     Re: Horde boosting in the spiral path megabattleNot more enemies, just more concentrated 1/12/06 7:19 p.m.
     Not more enemies, just more concentratedrockslider 1/12/06 7:23 p.m.
     *sigh* still no Ice Horde goodness (tm) for me :(Interactive Civilian 1/13/06 12:26 a.m.
           Blockades without needing the descent trick!rockslider 1/13/06 11:47 a.m.
                 Thanks! Works perfectly!Interactive Civilian 1/15/06 2:33 a.m.
     See shit like this in Halo 2? NO! *NM*mr_mcmurder 1/13/06 1:01 a.m.
           True dat!Interactive Civilian 1/13/06 1:58 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.