Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Making a Deal with the Devil
Posted By: mrbananas <dgreenwood@lacademy.edu>Date: 10/27/05 1:44 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Making a Deal with the Devil (R.G Hill)

: About the idea of Flood escaping from the galaxy and infecting the rest of
: the universe:

1. Although humans may as yet be incapable of travelling
: large distances with their ships, the Forerunner certainly must have been
: able to, in order to build multiple Halos around the Milky Way (seven in
: total, I believe?)

true and not true. yes it is possible the forerunner could have possible had the means to go inter galaxy.
however, building each of the halos in different parts of the galaxy is way less distance than it is to the next galaxy. the total distance travel to put each halo where it is added together would not come close to equally the distance of the next nearst galaxy.

: 2. And we know of at least ONE forerunner ship still in existence. And where
: is it headed for? Only the biggest smorgasboard of host bodies known to
: humankind...

doubt its the biggest buffet, humanity has suffered alot of extinction recently. although earth was never attacked (except for that once) where do you think a majority of the Unsc troops (which died in other battles elsewhere) came from. is a guy on harvest going to care about earth as much as a guy from earth, no. so the majority of volunters to the UNSC could have come from earth.

Also, Judging by the vast size of the covenant empire. I would say highcharity could have had an entire planet sized population. just image the population of the holyest planet (assumely the prophet/elite homeworld [assuming they came from the same planet])

: 3. As to surviving the long trip, well... the Forerunner were able to keep
: Flood speimens alive (presuably in stasis) for 100,000 years, so I'd
: imagine that same ship also has such capabilities. And there is such a
: thing as autopilots and AIs (in this universe anyway).

True, BUT, the forerunner could not keep an infected host alive. With out a combat form flood around, who is going to fly the ship. who will pilot it out of slipspace. the flood aren't exalt computer friendly or combatable, and to program and autopilot would require nowing exactly where and when you will reach the galaxy, i don't know if the forerunner maade maps of the unvirse,
And the flood don't strike me as the guys who can make there own A.I. and they were unable to reprogram pentiant since he still ranted about protical.

Also there are other unknow factors like deep space radition, and other physic stuff that humanity hasn't had a chance to ponder.

ultimatly, we don't know if flood could or couldn't escape the galaxy because we don't have enough information.

Message Index

Replies:

Making a Deal with the Devilmrbananas 10/11/05 2:40 p.m.
     Re: Making a Deal with the DevilLagging N00b 10/11/05 2:47 p.m.
           Re: Making a Deal with the Devil7echariah [MS] 10/11/05 2:51 p.m.
                 Appeasement is the path to destructionSchedonnardus 10/11/05 3:02 p.m.
                       Re: Appeasement is the path to destruction7echariah [MS] 10/11/05 3:20 p.m.
                 Re: Making a Deal with the DevilUrsa.Fatty 10/14/05 11:51 p.m.
                       Re: Making a Deal with the Devilbentrider 10/14/05 11:59 p.m.
                             Re: Making a Deal with the Devilmrbananas 10/17/05 2:23 p.m.
     Re: Making a Deal with the DevilAnother noobish question from me.. 10/11/05 3:20 p.m.
           Re: Making a Deal with the DevilPeptuck 10/11/05 3:56 p.m.
                 Re: Making a Deal with the DevilManKitten 10/11/05 4:14 p.m.
     Another Noobish question from me.ManKitten 10/11/05 3:23 p.m.
           Re: Another Noobish question from me.Jillybean 10/11/05 4:44 p.m.
           Re: Another Noobish question from me.Rox 10/11/05 4:46 p.m.
                 Re: Another Noobish question from me.Captain Thanas 10/11/05 4:51 p.m.
                       Re: Another Noobish question from me.Echoes 10/11/05 5:09 p.m.
                             Re: Another Noobish question from me.oBlade 10/27/05 8:44 p.m.
                                   Re: Another Noobish question from me.Peptuck 10/27/05 10:39 p.m.
                                         Re: Another Noobish question from me.scarab 10/28/05 8:00 a.m.
                                               Re: Another Noobish question from me.Peptuck 10/28/05 10:45 a.m.
                                                     Re: Another Noobish question from me.Rox 10/28/05 4:16 p.m.
                                                           Re: Another Noobish question from me.scarab 10/28/05 6:41 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Another Noobish question from me.Peptuck 10/28/05 10:56 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Another Noobish question from me.scarab 10/29/05 2:35 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Another Noobish question from me.bentrider 10/29/05 5:31 p.m.
     Re: Making a Deal with the DevilCaptain Thanas 10/11/05 4:47 p.m.
           Re: Making a Deal with the DevilGryphonOsiris 10/11/05 5:33 p.m.
                 Re: Making a Deal with the Devilmrbananas 10/11/05 7:05 p.m.
                       Re: Making a Deal with the DevilCatachan 10/11/05 7:35 p.m.
                             Re: Making a Deal with the Devilmrbananas 10/11/05 10:34 p.m.
                                   Re: Making a Deal with the DevilCatachan 10/11/05 11:04 p.m.
                                         Re: Making a Deal with the DevilMattat 10/12/05 6:48 a.m.
                                               Re: Making a Deal with the Devilmrbananas 10/12/05 2:11 p.m.
                                                     Re: Making a Deal with the DevilR.G Hill 10/26/05 6:29 a.m.
                                                           Re: Making a Deal with the Devilmrbananas 10/27/05 1:44 p.m.
                             Re: Making a Deal with the DeviloBlade 10/27/05 8:54 p.m.
     Halo 3: The NegotiatorMarlfox 555 10/12/05 7:04 a.m.
           Re: Halo 3: The Negotiatormrbananas 10/12/05 2:16 p.m.
                 Re: Halo 3: The NegotiatorJustinian 10/25/05 9:08 a.m.
     Re: Making a Deal with the Devilanduril 10/27/05 10:40 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.