Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Making a Deal with the Devil
Posted By: mrbananas <dgreenwood@lacademy.edu>Date: 10/17/05 2:23 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Making a Deal with the Devil (bentrider)

: Maybe he doesn't have direct control that'd be very difficult just imagine
: the sheer numbers he would have to keep track of. I always thought that he
: influenced them and in a way manipulated them by using their needs or
: their wants kind of like saying " Hey, guys I hear that there's a lot
: of tasty sentient beings in this place called High Charity how about we
: take that tasty-human-filled ship and go there." Do you understand my
: meaning kind of like offering a dog a treat if they'll roll over.
: something a dog does not do naturally but will do with a little
: persuasion.

Plus the current battle tactics of the flood actually are that bad. When you have numbers on your side and as your stratigy, then realy you only have to do one think to achieve victory, conquer all you foes before you run out of people.

lets look at this scencrio, its 1 red guy verus 100 blue flood. Unlike humans, The flood don't care about there own personal lives, just the spread of the flood. the floods desire to spread is greater then there desire to live indiviualy speaking. When you have large numbers, and they don't care about there own lives, you can perform the everybody attack stratgigy. when you out number your foe by a landslide, you don't have to make a cacluated attack to ensure your mens survival. You send wave after wave of men at your enemy because in order to win, all you have to do is defeat all of your opponents. you may lose a shit load of men. The enemy may kill a thousand of your guys before you getthem but your opponent has lost it doesn't really matter how many he killed. You could have 1 million men, and the enemy of 100 may be killing your guys by the hundreds. but as long as you have an seemingly endless supply of men, you can send wave after wave to there death until on wave finally defeats all foes. you team may have killed 100, the enemy may have killed a thousand, but in the end, were still here and there not.

And the flood have you complex battle movements. Once the flood had enough numbers from delta halo, They didn't want till they had all of delta halo. instead they took in amber clad and attacked highcharity. They established ground on high charity by use of a surpise attack to infect as many hosts as possible as soon as possible before the enemy could mount an effective counter attack. Now the flood have access to all the ships docked at high charity. and since highcharity is in chaos from the civil war, the flood will likey be able to secure these ships for themselves.

In halo1, on the two betrayels, at this point the covenant are no longer surpriesed and are know mounting a counter offense, soflood have established enough numbers and begin attack tactically so as to make it so that gains in hosts is greater than there causaltiys. when you need to get a banshee for the last generoator, there is the great battle between the giant covenant focre and the flood. the flood attack from a distant with their weapons (the fact that they use weapons is thinking tactically, and chosing between when to and not to use them) they bring rockets to fight the tanks.

The flood lose if you don't interfer, But notice how there numbers weren't as big as the covenant. Rather than send endless waves, the flood tried a small attack force with rockets, there plan failed, but just because it failed doesn't mean they didn't have a plan.

As far as gravemind just telling them food is there. i think they had a plan. The flood didn't just all scramble to high charity as they pleased. They inside all got aboard one ship and all came in as a groups in a surprise entery, then once inside they began to spread. Imagine if every flood combat on delta halo just grabbed want ever flying decive they could find and they all just flew to high charity as a giant cluster insend of just one ship. the covenant would have seen them coming, or get alerted by the first ship, and try to counter all of the ships. the first ship might make it past, but the first ship only has a few guys on it. not enough to estblaish a quick solid infection on highcharity

Message Index

Replies:

Making a Deal with the Devilmrbananas 10/11/05 2:40 p.m.
     Re: Making a Deal with the DevilLagging N00b 10/11/05 2:47 p.m.
           Re: Making a Deal with the Devil7echariah [MS] 10/11/05 2:51 p.m.
                 Appeasement is the path to destructionSchedonnardus 10/11/05 3:02 p.m.
                       Re: Appeasement is the path to destruction7echariah [MS] 10/11/05 3:20 p.m.
                 Re: Making a Deal with the DevilUrsa.Fatty 10/14/05 11:51 p.m.
                       Re: Making a Deal with the Devilbentrider 10/14/05 11:59 p.m.
                             Re: Making a Deal with the Devilmrbananas 10/17/05 2:23 p.m.
     Re: Making a Deal with the DevilAnother noobish question from me.. 10/11/05 3:20 p.m.
           Re: Making a Deal with the DevilPeptuck 10/11/05 3:56 p.m.
                 Re: Making a Deal with the DevilManKitten 10/11/05 4:14 p.m.
     Another Noobish question from me.ManKitten 10/11/05 3:23 p.m.
           Re: Another Noobish question from me.Jillybean 10/11/05 4:44 p.m.
           Re: Another Noobish question from me.Rox 10/11/05 4:46 p.m.
                 Re: Another Noobish question from me.Captain Thanas 10/11/05 4:51 p.m.
                       Re: Another Noobish question from me.Echoes 10/11/05 5:09 p.m.
                             Re: Another Noobish question from me.oBlade 10/27/05 8:44 p.m.
                                   Re: Another Noobish question from me.Peptuck 10/27/05 10:39 p.m.
                                         Re: Another Noobish question from me.scarab 10/28/05 8:00 a.m.
                                               Re: Another Noobish question from me.Peptuck 10/28/05 10:45 a.m.
                                                     Re: Another Noobish question from me.Rox 10/28/05 4:16 p.m.
                                                           Re: Another Noobish question from me.scarab 10/28/05 6:41 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Another Noobish question from me.Peptuck 10/28/05 10:56 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Another Noobish question from me.scarab 10/29/05 2:35 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Another Noobish question from me.bentrider 10/29/05 5:31 p.m.
     Re: Making a Deal with the DevilCaptain Thanas 10/11/05 4:47 p.m.
           Re: Making a Deal with the DevilGryphonOsiris 10/11/05 5:33 p.m.
                 Re: Making a Deal with the Devilmrbananas 10/11/05 7:05 p.m.
                       Re: Making a Deal with the DevilCatachan 10/11/05 7:35 p.m.
                             Re: Making a Deal with the Devilmrbananas 10/11/05 10:34 p.m.
                                   Re: Making a Deal with the DevilCatachan 10/11/05 11:04 p.m.
                                         Re: Making a Deal with the DevilMattat 10/12/05 6:48 a.m.
                                               Re: Making a Deal with the Devilmrbananas 10/12/05 2:11 p.m.
                                                     Re: Making a Deal with the DevilR.G Hill 10/26/05 6:29 a.m.
                                                           Re: Making a Deal with the Devilmrbananas 10/27/05 1:44 p.m.
                             Re: Making a Deal with the DeviloBlade 10/27/05 8:54 p.m.
     Halo 3: The NegotiatorMarlfox 555 10/12/05 7:04 a.m.
           Re: Halo 3: The Negotiatormrbananas 10/12/05 2:16 p.m.
                 Re: Halo 3: The NegotiatorJustinian 10/25/05 9:08 a.m.
     Re: Making a Deal with the Devilanduril 10/27/05 10:40 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.