Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: The Great Journey
Posted By: JollyRoger <APENDAR@clemson.edu>Date: 6/2/05 7:20 p.m.

In Response To: The Great Journey (Flashman)

: If this theory was correct, I suppose that the Flood would be going on a
: 'Great Journey' to all the nearby planets. But for everyone else, being
: consumed seems less like a great journey, and more like a Great Buffet.

: Maybe it would work. Perhaps there's things that keep the Flood alive/in
: stasis on Halo, but they can't survive off Halo without food?

: I don't buy it. Consider attempting to eradicate AIDS by infecting every
: human with it. Once we all died, there'd be no more AIDS.

: This goes to the heart of the Halo story: what makes the Flood so bad that
: the Forerunners would eliminate all life in the galaxy? Maybe the
: Forerunners have an intergalactic civilization, so they're not too worried
: about losing a galaxy here and there.

The Flood seem to incorporate whichever species they take over into their person. So then, it stands to reason that perhaps SOME of the flood contained on the various Halo structures are derived from the forerunners. Perhaps it was the forerunners who went on a 'great journey,' activating the rings to eradicate the flood, save those that they chose to retain in storage. Then perhaps they hoped to be restored by the research of the monitors or some other species, thereby returning intact, yet having destroyed the flood (or at least weakened them to the point that they could be eradicated.) After all, it DOES seem a little pointless to kill everything to save it...

And on another note, anybody play the old Pathways Into Darkness (another Bungie project.) Jjaro=Forerunners? Maybe? And the Wr'cactner' (whatever) being located on Earth, thereby making Earth an important location in the universe, maybe explaining the reason why Regret came to Earth expecting something related to the Forerunners, but only finding humans?

Message Index

Replies:

HSP updated - I don't agree with that theoryCiarán 6/2/05 3:36 p.m.
     My reason it wouldn't work:Mink'O'War 6/2/05 3:45 p.m.
           Not unworkable-- just unnecessaryNarcogen 6/3/05 4:14 a.m.
                 Re: Not unworkable-- just unnecessaryE.T. the Extremely Tired 6/4/05 12:26 p.m.
                       Still UnnecessaryNarcogen 6/6/05 7:06 a.m.
     Re: HSP updated - I don't agree with that theoryNom 6/2/05 3:54 p.m.
           Re: HSP updated - I don't agree with that theoryajenteks 6/2/05 4:05 p.m.
           Why research the Flood on Threshold? - here's why:Ciarán 6/2/05 4:09 p.m.
                 Re: Why research the Flood on Threshold? - here's Endbringer 6/2/05 4:24 p.m.
                       Re: Why research the Flood on Threshold? - here'sCool_Cow 6/2/05 4:29 p.m.
                             Re: Why research the Flood on Threshold? - here'sEndbringer 6/2/05 4:42 p.m.
                                   Re: Why research the Flood on Threshold? - here'sCiarán 6/2/05 4:51 p.m.
                                         Re: Why research the Flood on Threshold? - here'sJamirus99 6/2/05 5:41 p.m.
                                         Re: Why research the Flood on Threshold? - here'sGryphonOsiris 6/2/05 6:29 p.m.
                                               Re: Why research the Flood on Threshold? - here'sMikeChance 6/2/05 10:53 p.m.
                 Re: Why research the Flood on Threshold? - here'salexware 6/2/05 6:27 p.m.
                       RE:alexware 6/2/05 6:28 p.m.
           Re: HSP updated - I don't agree with that theoryUsul 6/2/05 5:25 p.m.
                 Re: HSP updated - I don't agree with that theoryHikaru-119 6/2/05 5:32 p.m.
                 Re: HSP updated - I don't agree with that theoryJMann25 6/2/05 9:07 p.m.
                       Read the two betrayals story pageScarab 6/3/05 8:50 a.m.
     Re: HSP updated - I don't agree with that theoryUtopiaUnknown 6/2/05 5:43 p.m.
           Re: HSP updated - I don't agree with that theoryEchoes 6/2/05 5:45 p.m.
           Re: HSP updated - I don't agree with that theoryJillybean 6/2/05 6:17 p.m.
                 Re: HSP updated - I don't agree with that theoryUtopiaUnknown 6/2/05 7:02 p.m.
                       Re: HSP updated - I don't agree with that theoryThe Freeloader 6/2/05 7:35 p.m.
                             Re: HSP updated - I don't agree with that theorymrbananas 6/2/05 8:43 p.m.
                 Re: HSP updated - I don't agree with that theoryNarcogen 6/3/05 4:25 a.m.
           Re: HSP updated - I don't agree with that theoryDocOctavius 6/2/05 6:32 p.m.
     The Great JourneyFlashman 6/2/05 7:02 p.m.
           Re: The Great JourneyEchoes 6/2/05 7:06 p.m.
           Re: The Great JourneyJollyRoger 6/2/05 7:20 p.m.
           Re: The Great Journeymrbananas 6/2/05 8:15 p.m.
                 Re: The Great Journeypaulicus the great 6/2/05 11:23 p.m.
                 Re: The Great JourneyMikeChance 6/2/05 11:29 p.m.
                       Re: The Great JourneyMikeChance 6/2/05 11:31 p.m.
     Re: HSP updated - I don't agree with that theoryUrsusArctos 6/3/05 8:03 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.