glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Re: Halo Multiplayer Guide-Condoning cheapness?!
Posted By: ViolentlyHappy <smrice@adelphia.net>Date: 3/13/04 6:13 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Halo Multiplayer Guide-Condoning cheapness?! (Shishka)

: Yes, but good authors can use it well without looking like a jerk. Bad
: authors, much like yourself, just misuse literary devices in the claims
: that it makes you a better writer when really you're grinding against the
: convention through misproper use.

More than an hour later, and you still respond. Yup, sure seems like someone who doesn't care at all about my opinion. Maybe if you'd get off of your high-and-mighty throne that you've so carefully constructed for yourself, you'd realize that what you're saying is simply not true.

As for looking like a jerk, everyone is of course entitled to their own opinion (it pains me to say something that sounds so stupid), and I respect your right to think what you want of me. I assume you're a literary scholar, but I am by no means one myself, and as a result, I was not "misus[ing] literary devices in the claims [sic] that it makes you a better writer". If you can find the passage where I say that I, personally, am a better writer than the average Joe, then please point it out to me and I'll eat my words.

: Actually, what you want is for other people to come on and agree with you. I
: happen not to agree with you.

Bravo, Mr. Psychologist, for telling me what I want. Quite frankly, I believe I have a much better understanding of what I wanted to come of this thread than you do. Sure, I'd be happy if the entire forum cheered me with yells of "He's so right! Give him a free copy of Halo 2!", but I'd also be happy if people had told me that they disagree, in a civilized manner, and explained their reasons for their disagreement. The reason I'm not happy is because people such as yourself choose to insult me instead for expressing my thoughts.

: If Bungie didn't expect a bit of camping, they wouldn't have made a
: sniper rifle, a weapon made for sitting in one place, preferably where you
: can't be seen, and attacking unsuspecting enemies from afar.

If Bungie didn't expect a bit of camping, they wouldn't have the foresight to not put in a rifle, not expecting that anyone would use it to camp. I personally find that the sniper rifle is just as effective when you're moving across the map as it is standing in one place. A major benefit of its smooth and accurate reticle movement. I think that seeing the sniper rifle as only a camping weapon is a closed-minded view of something that can be so much more.

: If you don't
: like the design of the game, go play something else.

If I didn't like the design of the game, I wouldnt still be here. My point is about the design of the gamer and how he chooses to conduct himself. Just because a game is designed (whether intentionally or not) with glitches that allow a player to gain an unfair advantage doesn't mean that everyone has to go use them.

117online.com

Message Index

Replies:

Halo Multiplayer Guide-Condoning cheapness?!ViolentlyHappy 3/13/04 4:10 p.m.
     Re: Halo Multiplayer Guide-Condoning cheapness?!Satesh 3/13/04 4:24 p.m.
           Re: Halo Multiplayer Guide-Condoning cheapness?!ViolentlyHappy 3/13/04 4:36 p.m.
                 Re: Halo Multiplayer Guide-Condoning cheapness?!XLNC 3/13/04 5:38 p.m.
                       Re: Halo Multiplayer Guide-Condoning cheapness?!vector40 3/13/04 8:21 p.m.
                             Re: Halo Multiplayer Guide-Condoning cheapness?!Cam 3/14/04 3:28 a.m.
                             Re: Halo Multiplayer Guide-Condoning cheapness?!vector40 3/14/04 7:01 p.m.
                                   Re: Halo Multiplayer Guide-Condoning cheapness?!MC vince 3/14/04 8:16 p.m.
                                   Re: Halo Multiplayer Guide-Condoning cheapness?!Miguel Chavez 3/15/04 1:33 a.m.
                                         Re: Halo Multiplayer Guide-Condoning cheapness?!vector40 3/15/04 2:03 a.m.
                                   Re: Halo Multiplayer Guide-Condoning cheapness?!Narcogen 3/17/04 5:45 a.m.
                                   Re: Halo Multiplayer Guide-Condoning cheapness?!ViolentlyHappy 3/17/04 3:46 p.m.
     Re: Halo Multiplayer Guide-Condoning cheapness?!Shishka 3/13/04 4:35 p.m.
           Re: Halo Multiplayer Guide-Condoning cheapness?!ViolentlyHappy 3/13/04 4:38 p.m.
                 Re: Halo Multiplayer Guide-Condoning cheapness?!Shishka 3/13/04 4:41 p.m.
                       DINK! *NM*Matt(Uh...#5?) 3/13/04 4:43 p.m.
                       Re: Halo Multiplayer Guide-Condoning cheapness?!ViolentlyHappy 3/13/04 4:49 p.m.
                             Re: Halo Multiplayer Guide-Condoning cheapness?!why isnt my hitman47 name working???? 3/13/04 4:53 p.m.
                             Re: Halo Multiplayer Guide-Condoning cheapness?!Shishka 3/13/04 5:46 p.m.
                                   Re: Halo Multiplayer Guide-Condoning cheapness?!ViolentlyHappy 3/13/04 6:13 p.m.
                                         Re: Halo Multiplayer Guide-Condoning cheapness?!KOPD 3/13/04 6:33 p.m.
                                               Re: Halo Multiplayer Guide-Condoning cheapness?!ViolentlyHappy 3/13/04 6:39 p.m.
                 Re: Halo Multiplayer Guide-Condoning cheapness?!why isnt my hitman47 name working???? 3/13/04 4:44 p.m.
                       Re: Halo Multiplayer Guide-Condoning cheapness?!why isnt my hitman47 name working???? 3/13/04 4:46 p.m.
                       Re: Halo Multiplayer Guide-Condoning cheapness?!ViolentlyHappy 3/13/04 4:51 p.m.
     Re: Halo Multiplayer Guide-Condoning cheapness?!shotgun crazy 3/13/04 4:44 p.m.
           Re: Halo Multiplayer Guide-Condoning cheapness?!HaloNater 3/13/04 5:06 p.m.
                 Re: Halo Multiplayer Guide-Condoning cheapness?!ViolentlyHappy 3/13/04 5:16 p.m.
     Re: Halo Multiplayer Guide-Condoning cheapness?!DaChameleon 3/13/04 6:09 p.m.
           Re: Halo Multiplayer Guide-Condoning cheapness?!ViolentlyHappy 3/13/04 6:16 p.m.
     Re: Halo Multiplayer Guide-Condoning cheapness?!vector40 3/13/04 6:17 p.m.
     Re: Halo Multiplayer Guide-Condoning cheapness?!Retard 3/13/04 6:19 p.m.
           Re: Halo Multiplayer Guide-Condoning cheapness?!ViolentlyHappy 3/13/04 6:34 p.m.
     Re: Halo Multiplayer Guide-Condoning cheapness?!discordian 23 3/13/04 6:35 p.m.
           Re: Halo Multiplayer Guide-Condoning cheapness?!ViolentlyHappy 3/13/04 6:44 p.m.
                 Re: Halo Multiplayer Guide-Condoning cheapness?!mister chiffe 3/13/04 7:37 p.m.
                 Re: Halo Multiplayer Guide-Condoning cheapness?!Frensa Geran 3/13/04 10:21 p.m.
     Re: Halo Multiplayer Guide-Condoning cheapness?!ThorsHammer 3/13/04 11:22 p.m.
           Morality *OT*MikeMan445 3/14/04 2:25 p.m.
                 Re: Morality *OT*Louis Wu 3/15/04 4:26 a.m.
                       Hmmm...zugy 3/17/04 5:08 p.m.
           Re: Halo Multiplayer Guide-Condoning cheapness?!ViolentlyHappy 3/14/04 4:15 p.m.
                 Re: Halo Multiplayer Guide-Condoning cheapness?!ThorsHammer 3/14/04 11:36 p.m.
     Re: Halo Multiplayer Guide-Condoning cheapness?!Werny 3/14/04 12:38 a.m.
           Re: Halo Multiplayer Guide-Condoning cheapness?!ViolentlyHappy 3/14/04 4:17 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.