glyphstrip
Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Who wears a halo? Possible answer found.
Posted By: Socrates <fuel4freedom@yahoo.com>Date: 2/21/04 1:37 a.m.

I'll keep this short and sweet. Basically, I got bored and decided to see what I could find out about the word "halo." Those of you who've been keeping up with the HSP know why.

Anyhow, I ended up using Wikipedia to give myself a full definition. Lo and behold, there was an answer different from what I had expected. Angels and such are not, according to the encyclopedia entry, the ones who actually wear halos; rather, saints are depicted as having a halo.

Wikipedia comes through again when looking up "saint," providing information that there was a time when anyone considered to be extremely pious was called a saint.

And here we have a most interesting launching point for speculation. What if the Covenant, or at least the Prophets and/or Elites, once worshipped the Forerunner and knew them when they were still around, rather than worshipping the Forerunner after picking up pieces of the puzzle? What if we were the Forerunner, and the Covenant stumbled upon us, discovering that we no longer believed? Would we not seem to them as demons and devils, a vile but ultimately mortal remnant of what was once a great and very different civilization?

And what if the Prophets knew that we were the only ones left? Seeking to keep their religion pure and untainted to the masses of Covenant who believed in a history turned legend turned myth, the Prophets might seek to destroy us before the truth, that we are their gods rather than their demons, comes to light and shatters the spiritual beliefs of untold billions. Would they do that to hold onto the power they've held for so long (Years? Decades? Centuries, Millenia?), prefering to live in denial themselves rather than accept that all they've believed in, all that they've known has been a lie only loosely based in reality?

And what would happen if some of the Covenant did find out the truth?

Maybe the stories of Adam and Eve never mentioned that Adam and Eve were alien. Maybe the story of Adam and Eve is only known to us because we were allowed to stay.

Maybe someone is jealous.

~Socrates

Message Index

Replies:

Who wears a halo? Possible answer found.Socrates 2/21/04 1:37 a.m.
     Re: Who wears a halo? Possible answer found.Frensa Geran 2/21/04 2:01 a.m.
     Re: Who wears a halo? Possible answer found.Sturmgewehr-58 2/21/04 12:35 p.m.
           Re: Who wears a halo? Possible answer found.Zero Flaw 2/21/04 2:29 p.m.
                 Re: Who wears a halo? Possible answer found.Sturmgewehr-58 2/21/04 3:48 p.m.
                 Re: Who wears a halo? Possible answer found.Socrates 2/21/04 7:03 p.m.
                       Re: Who wears a halo? Possible answer found.Sturmgewehr-58 2/22/04 12:00 a.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.