Frequently Asked Forum Questions
 Search the HBO News Archives

Any All Exact 
Search the Halo Updates DBs

Halo Halo2 
Search Older Posts on This Forum:
Posts on Current Forum | Archived Posts

Honestly ...
Posted By: Nathan <island_four@yahoo.com>Date: 11/3/99 5:35 p.m.

In Response To: New view of the Halo (mad.max)

If I continue to log in and see 15 messages asking Bungie to make the game first person, I will be leaving this forum and finding either A) other forums where this doesn't happen such as the Core (not to disparage bungie.org, but it's reached ridiculous proportions - it's not their fault) or B) staying away from the forums.

I have no further affiliation (other than friendly) with Bungie, but people seem to appreciate the viewpoint of the former Bungie employee for the most part. But what I saw when I logged in - 11 messages saying nearly exactly the same thing (I won't buy it if it has "auto-aiming" - read the comment I already made on that if you want to be ... argh, no I won't flame; "staring at the character's backside" - you must be close to illiterate if you still think this is the case as it has been stated that it's not at least 50 times, including officially in an interview at halonews.com; and all the 1st-person comments - FROM ONE PERSON). Believe me, it doesn't take 8 posts; your message is sent after one.

This, as you have all been able to tell, has become very frustrating for me, especially when I felt it had been more or less laid to rest with the Shataan issue. I never mind people expressing their opinions; it's the manner in which they conduct themselves and the way in which they present them. I have probably disagreed with Ben Schodek about 50% of the time, but he has always said things intelligently and has (at least as far as I know) spoken his opinions calmly and after reading material that would contradict what he might say. I could care less if somebody said "My opinion is that it can't be done well. I'll wait and see and won't buy it if I don't like it." But the things said here, no matter how many smileys are thrown in, eventually become repetitive at best and insulting at worst.

Again, this is NOTHING against bungie.org or against anyone PERSONALLY (just their manner of voicing their opinions), but I see no point in continuing to communicate in a forum where I will be continually frustrated by such behavior. Especially since it's not in my job description any more.

I really don't know if you guys care whether I'm here or not. And no, one or two people aren't going to make me leave ANY forum. But when it all becomes a negative experience for me, it's time for me to go. I don't expect Bungie-worship or anything like it; I just expect a little bit more respect. But it isn't my forum, it's no longer my game, and no longer even the company I work for. So I'm just letting everyone know in advance that I'm not sure how much longer I will be here for.

Sincerely,

Nathan

Message Index

Replies:

New view of the Halomad.max 11/3/99 4:48 p.m.
     Honestly ...Nathan 11/3/99 5:35 p.m.
           Re: Honestly ...Nathan 11/3/99 5:36 p.m.
                 I was feeling really put out there...mad.max 11/4/99 5:41 a.m.
                       life is hard for mac people ;-)CyberBob 11/4/99 10:29 a.m.
           Re: Honestly ...SiliconDream 11/3/99 6:06 p.m.
                 Re: Honestly ...Nathan 11/3/99 6:57 p.m.
                       Re: Honestly ...SiliconDream 11/3/99 8:36 p.m.
                             Re: Honestly ...Mage 11/3/99 10:06 p.m.
                                   Re: Honestly ...SiliconDream 11/3/99 10:40 p.m.
                                         j/k = joke (NT)Mark Levin 11/3/99 10:46 p.m.
                                               actually just/kidding (NYAH n/t :)Island Four 11/3/99 10:50 p.m.
                                         Re: Honestly ...Louis F. 11/3/99 10:49 p.m.
                             Grammar school is open!Bachus 11/3/99 10:15 p.m.
           Re: Honestly ...Regdren 11/3/99 6:10 p.m.
           Re: Honestly ...Lodurr 11/3/99 8:26 p.m.
                 Whatever Lodurr - I've heard it from you beforeNathan 11/3/99 8:48 p.m.
                       Re: Whatever Lodurr - I've heard it from you beforSiliconDream 11/3/99 11:52 p.m.
                             Good pts. Silicon, but no PedestalsNathan 11/4/99 12:04 a.m.
                                   Re: Good pts. Silicon, but no PedestalsSiliconDream 11/4/99 12:15 a.m.
                                         Re: Good pts. Silicon, but no PedestalsNathan 11/4/99 12:55 a.m.
                                         Re: Good pts. Silicon, but no PedestalsLouis Wu 11/4/99 7:48 a.m.
                                               Awwww...(NT)SiliconDream 11/4/99 1:45 p.m.
                             Forums, Newbies, POVFerrex (Dead) 11/4/99 1:57 a.m.
                                   Thank you Ferrax, well said! (NT)DirkDaring 11/4/99 5:18 p.m.
                       Re: Whatever Lodurr - I've heard it from you beforLodurr 11/4/99 11:06 a.m.
                             Re: Whatever Lodurr - I've heard it from you beforMark Levin 11/4/99 12:30 p.m.
                                   Re: Whatever Lodurr - I've heard it from you beforLodurr 11/4/99 6:11 p.m.
           Do what I do...Butcher 11/4/99 1:30 a.m.
           3RD PERSON! PERIOD.Daniel 11/4/99 12:48 p.m.
                 you missed his point...Ben Schodek 11/4/99 2:38 p.m.
           Re: Honestly ...The Shrike 11/4/99 7:53 p.m.

contact us

The HBO Forum Archive is maintained with WebBBS 4.33.