| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

Re: letters = pointers?

Posted By: Shade <wwight@wso.williams.edu>
Date: 16 June 2001, 18:55

In Response To: letters = pointers? (Shade)

> No luck there either. I hope that at the least someone else gets some
> ideas out of this.

Here's another idea I had. I was thinking that each clock could represent a single binary number. A prime number on the clock would be a 1, and a non-prime would be a zero. That would give you an eight-digit binary number for each clock.

G1: PPNNNNNP = 193
G2: PNNPNPPN = 150
G3: NNNNPNPN = 10
G4: NPNNPPNP = 77
G5: NNNNPNNP = 9
G6: NNNNNNNN = 0
G7: NPPPPPNN = 124

I also tried this with prime numbers representing zero (instead of one) and with 1:00 (instead of 12:00) as the leftmost digit. None of these combinations work, even after ROT-ing through the alphabet.

Other ways to get a binary number include using odd and even numbers as zeros or ones, or using negative and positive differences from the previous number on the clock as zeros and ones. I haven't tried either of these. Another thought I had was to get a new set of numbers for each clock by finding the differences between each number and the number before (or across from) it.

On another note, I'm sort of getting tired of all this mathematical rearranging. Nothing seems to stand out and actually move us forward. I feel like maybe GH is right. Perhaps we should concentrate on one glyph at a time instead of grasping for some formula that will convert all the outer numbers into one answer. Problem is, I have no idea where to begin.

Messages in This Thread

| View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg |

Bungie Fanfest Board is maintained by with WebBBS 3.21.