/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: The Marathon's Story, from a Destiny lore mast
Posted By: VikingBoyBillyDate: 6/2/23 3:07 a.m.

In Response To: The Marathon's Story, from a Destiny lore master (Claude Errera)

"The Marathon's Story, from a Destiny lore master"

This is ironic, right?

Do you take him seriously?

This may be a sign we should all get prepared for the great n00b migration.

Ok, this is going to sound so stupid and condescending I shouldn't even be saying it, but I just need to make sure: Do you know this is a story forum for Marathon (1994), Marathon 2 (1995), and Marathon Infinity (1996), which are three games that are not the one that the current Bungie is releasing in the near future (simply called "Marathon (release date undetermined))?

When that game comes out, and even with pre-release info, there will be discussion here about that game. But when I see "Marathon's story, from a Destiny Lore Master" what I think is it's someone who never played those first three games trying to tell us all about them just because they played a lot of destiny or halo (maybe not even halo). It doesn't immediately make me think "Oh, he's speculating about that new marathon game." From playing a lot of Destiny. Without playing the classic marathon games.

It might seem elitist, but I really don't think it's asking a lot (especially since it's been freeware since the late 2000s) that someone at least play M1, M2, and infinity to be trusted they know what they're talking about. Just reading all the terminals and speculation on this story forum isn't enough.

And if this new game gets more people playing the classics, that's only a good thing. Nobody wants to gatekeep anybody. Not even bungie, because it's freeware, and if they wanted to start monetizing on it again, they'd file a cease and desist order against the aleph one site to pull the maps of the original game. But they haven't done that.

So I guess the TL;DR of my long ramble is... I wish they'd give this new marathon game a subtitle.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

The Marathon's Story, from a Destiny lore masterClaude Errera 6/1/23 9:50 a.m.
     Re: The Marathon's Story, from a Destiny lore mastVikingBoyBilly 6/2/23 3:07 a.m.
           Re: The Marathon's Story, from a Destiny lore mastJoe Duplessie (SNIPE 316) 6/2/23 5:25 a.m.
           Re: The Marathon's Story, from a Destiny lore mastBob-B-Q 6/2/23 5:45 a.m.
           Re: The Marathon's Story, from a Destiny lore mastGodot 6/2/23 6:12 a.m.
           Re: The Marathon's Story, from a Destiny lore mastCody Miller 6/2/23 7:49 a.m.
           Re: The Marathon's Story, from a Destiny lore mastClaude Errera 6/2/23 8:03 a.m.
                 Re: The Marathon's Story, from a Destiny lore mastVikingBoyBilly 6/2/23 2:44 p.m.
                       Re: The Marathon's Story, from a Destiny lore mastGeneral-RADIX 6/2/23 9:33 p.m.
                       Re: The Marathon's Story, from a Destiny lore mastBob-B-Q 6/3/23 8:07 a.m.
                       Re: The Marathon's Story, from a Destiny lore mastKermit 6/3/23 8:32 a.m.
                             Re: The Marathon's Story, from a Destiny lore mastVikingBoyBilly 6/7/23 2:35 p.m.
                                   Re: The Marathon's Story, from a Destiny lore mastKermit 6/9/23 6:34 a.m.
           Looks like this post could use some errata *NM*Durandal_1707 6/4/23 2:08 p.m.
           Re: The Marathon's Story, from a Destiny lore masthelviusrufus 6/4/23 5:22 p.m.
           Re: The Marathon's Story, from a Destiny lore mastLion O Cyborg 6/5/23 5:57 a.m.
                 Re: The Marathon's Story, from a Destiny lore mastHelviusRufus 6/5/23 12:25 p.m.
                       Re: The Marathon's Story, from a Destiny lore mastCody Miller 6/5/23 2:34 p.m.
                       Re: The Marathon's Story, from a Destiny lore mastLion O Cyborg 6/5/23 2:37 p.m.
                 Re: The Marathon's Story, from a Destiny lore mastForrest of B.org 6/5/23 8:36 p.m.
                 Re: The Marathon's Story, from a Destiny lore mastVikingBoyBilly 6/7/23 4:10 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.