/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Marathon maps in interactive SVG
Posted By: fracaiDate: 8/21/22 7:17 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Marathon maps in interactive SVG *LINK* (W'rkncacnter)

: I'm curious how much manual effort or prep work went into building the real
: website for this? My goal is to just point a script at a directory full of
: maps and have it generate the whole page. I looked at your stuff very
: briefly and it looked like it might not be that easy to work with
: arbitrary map files, but I could definitely be missing something. Here's
: the page if you're curious what I'm doing. I plan to add more scenarios at
: some point.

Cool. I like what you've done. I've thought about doing other scenarios, but figured I'd start with the original trilogy first.

There are basically two files per scenario that I had to hand create. The first is the chapter list. (I'm now wondering if that data is in the map data somewhere… I'll have to look.) The second is each "overlays.json" This connects the checkboxes and SVG classes. Some of this is actually generated/extracted from the maps and I want to extend this to be fully automated. That would solve the friendly/hostile categorization for different levels. Some is manually copied from the AlephOne source files. Both _should_ be able to be automated, or at least the common stuff hard coded and then just the per-map dynamic stuff could be extracted for each scenario. It's on the list.

I'm using Woodpecker as a continuous build tool and you should be able to read those files to see how the site is built from the source code. I should probably document it a bit better for someone running it by hand.

I should definitely take a look at adding some additional scenarios as a next task. Where'd my additional time power-up go?

Thanks for your site link, I specifically like the level graph. How did you generate those?

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Marathon maps in interactive SVG *LINK*fracai 8/21/22 7:50 a.m.
     Re: Marathon maps in interactive SVG *LINK*W'rkncacnter 8/21/22 4:29 p.m.
           Re: Marathon maps in interactive SVGfracai 8/21/22 7:17 p.m.
                 Re: Marathon maps in interactive SVGW'rkncacnter 8/21/22 7:37 p.m.
                       Re: Marathon maps in interactive SVGW'rkncacnter 8/21/22 7:43 p.m.
                             Re: Marathon maps in interactive SVGfracai 8/22/22 3:24 a.m.
                                   Re: Marathon maps in interactive SVGW'rkncacnter 8/22/22 9:25 p.m.
                                         Re: Marathon maps in interactive SVGfracai 8/23/22 12:40 p.m.
     Re: Marathon maps in interactive SVGfracai 8/23/22 7:25 p.m.
     Re: Marathon maps in interactive SVGForrest of B.org 8/24/22 9:26 p.m.
           Re: Marathon maps in interactive SVGW'rkncacnter 8/24/22 10:01 p.m.
                 Re: Marathon maps in interactive SVGVikingBoyBilly 8/26/22 7:12 a.m.
                       Re: Marathon maps in interactive SVGfracai 8/26/22 7:50 a.m.
                 Re: Marathon maps in interactive SVGForrest of B.org 8/27/22 10:13 a.m.
           Re: Marathon maps in interactive SVGLion O Cyborg 8/26/22 8:57 a.m.
                 Fix'd it for yaVikingBoyBilly 8/26/22 10:50 a.m.
                       Re: Fix'd it for yaLion O Cyborg 8/26/22 12:22 p.m.
                             Re: Fix'd it for yaAaron Freed 8/27/22 11:46 a.m.
                                   Re: Fix'd it for yaLion O Cyborg 8/28/22 9:49 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.