/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead box
Posted By: W'rkncacnterDate: 2/5/19 5:18 p.m.

In Response To: Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead box (Shining Raven)

: I think you might be misunderstanding my idea. Since PiD maps are only 32x32
: WU, you'd only need four polygons. And these squares would not be
: connected to the actual level and they'd never be visible from 1st person,
: you'd only see them on the automap via: Polygons[foo].visible_on_automap =
: true

: I did this to some MPiD maps to show you what I mean. Here's a Weland view of
: Ascension: https://imgur.com/ZI7588K

: With sold lines in front of pillars Never Stop Firing looks like this:
: https://imgur.com/HnwlNdh

: I realise it's probably too late for you to go and change how you did all the
: pillars, but another solution would be to make the player 1 WU tall, and
: have the floor that pillars sit on be 0.002 WU high. Then, with elevation
: lines set to beige, the map looks even better: https://imgur.com/YOaFGSn

OK, I definitely wasn't understanding before. I really like this idea and I'm going to try to make it work. I'm still pretty concerned about the solid lines in front of pillars looking really bad.

This is what ground floor looks like if I just turn solid lines on and get rid of the black:
https://imgur.com/hOglmJr

If that's as good as I could do, would that be an improvement over what it was before?
https://imgur.com/a/CD5cg1X

I can try raising the floors a bit, but I had experimented with that before and you could definitely see the seam in game. Not sure what the best option is here. If I can make it look OK in game, I'd probably switch to this method if it works as you describe. I can regenerate the maps pretty easily if I change something like that.

: I was thinking A1 would handle displaying the text, so you wouldn't need any
: new images, but like I said I understand that it's more work than you
: probably want to do for something that not everyone is going to like.

I'm not currently using A1 to display the text. It could be done, but it'd be some work. It'd still need all new images if you don't like how white the images are though, since the picture of the item is part of each image.

I don't care about this enough to put effort into it, but if someone were to come up with a dark theme HUD after release, they could put it on s7 and give people a choice of which they prefer or something. I'm trying to structure the plugins so that they can be swapped out on the off chance anyone wants to improve anything.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

PID Tour of Duty Chapter 7Lion O Cyborg 1/19/19 3:09 a.m.
     Re: PID Tour of Duty Chapter 7Lion O Cyborg 1/19/19 3:31 a.m.
     Re: PID Tour of Duty Chapter 7General-RADIX 1/19/19 3:43 a.m.
           Re: PID Tour of Duty Chapter 7Lion O Cyborg 1/19/19 3:47 a.m.
     I escaped the pyramid without a lead box *NM*VikingBoyBilly 1/21/19 11:06 a.m.
           Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxLion O Cyborg 1/21/19 11:41 a.m.
                 Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxShining Raven 1/21/19 7:07 p.m.
                       Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxLion O Cyborg 1/22/19 8:43 a.m.
                             Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 1/22/19 9:53 a.m.
                                   Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxShining Raven 1/22/19 10:47 a.m.
                                         Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 1/22/19 11:17 a.m.
                                               Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxShining Raven 1/22/19 11:42 a.m.
                                                     Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 1/22/19 12:31 p.m.
                                                           Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxShining Raven 1/22/19 12:54 p.m.
                                                                 Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 1/22/19 1:03 p.m.
                                                                       Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxShining Raven 1/22/19 8:13 p.m.
                                                                             Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 1/22/19 8:41 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxShining Raven 1/23/19 6:28 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxLion O Cyborg 1/23/19 7:17 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 1/23/19 7:18 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 1/23/19 7:17 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxLion O Cyborg 1/23/19 11:48 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 1/23/19 2:07 p.m.
                                                                                                           Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxLion O Cyborg 1/23/19 2:50 p.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxShining Raven 1/23/19 7:29 p.m.
                                                                                                                       Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxLion O Cyborg 1/24/19 1:13 a.m.
                                                                                                                             Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxtreellama 1/24/19 7:58 a.m.
                                                                                                                                   Need a light?VikingBoyBilly 1/24/19 4:13 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxShining Raven 1/23/19 7:40 p.m.
                                                                                                     Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxLion O Cyborg 1/24/19 1:13 a.m.
                                                                                                     Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 1/24/19 8:28 p.m.
                                                                                                           Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxShining Raven 1/25/19 12:30 a.m.
                                                                                                                 Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 1/25/19 8:05 a.m.
                                                                                                                       Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxShining Raven 1/25/19 1:51 p.m.
                                                                                                                             Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 1/25/19 2:29 p.m.
                                                                                                                                   Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxxcalibur 1/27/19 6:02 a.m.
                                                                                                                                         Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxLion O Cyborg 1/27/19 8:07 a.m.
                                                                                                                                         Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 1/27/19 9:56 a.m.
                                                                                                                                               Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxxcalibur 1/31/19 5:53 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                     Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 1/31/19 6:21 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                           Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxxcalibur 1/31/19 7:16 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                 Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 1/31/19 7:36 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                       Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxLion O Cyborg 2/1/19 7:24 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                             Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 2/1/19 10:33 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                   Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxLion O Cyborg 2/1/19 11:05 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                         Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 2/1/19 1:23 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                               Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxLion O Cyborg 2/1/19 2:34 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                   Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxVikingBoyBilly 2/2/19 1:46 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                         Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 2/2/19 2:06 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                               Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxVikingBoyBilly 2/2/19 4:56 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                     Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 2/2/19 5:16 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                           Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxVikingBoyBilly 2/3/19 5:40 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxLion O Cyborg 2/3/19 6:34 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 2/3/19 10:00 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxShining Raven 2/3/19 10:51 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxVikingBoyBilly 2/3/19 3:26 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxShining Raven 2/3/19 4:19 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 2/3/19 6:00 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxVikingBoyBilly 2/4/19 1:33 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 2/4/19 6:07 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 2/4/19 7:08 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxVikingBoyBilly 2/4/19 2:32 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 2/4/19 4:15 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxForrest of B.org 2/4/19 6:26 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 2/4/19 8:15 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxxcalibur 2/5/19 4:11 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 2/5/19 6:30 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxxcalibur 2/5/19 7:14 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxShining Raven 2/4/19 10:18 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 2/5/19 6:24 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxShining Raven 2/5/19 2:53 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 2/5/19 5:18 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxShining Raven 2/5/19 11:38 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxShining Raven 2/6/19 1:14 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 2/6/19 6:13 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxShining Raven 2/6/19 5:23 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 2/6/19 8:08 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 2/7/19 5:56 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxShining Raven 2/7/19 7:25 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxVikingBoyBilly 2/9/19 5:18 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 2/6/19 8:48 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 2/6/19 8:55 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxShining Raven 2/6/19 11:15 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 2/7/19 6:15 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 2/7/19 6:15 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 2/7/19 7:30 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxShining Raven 2/7/19 1:07 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 2/10/19 1:23 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxShining Raven 2/10/19 2:39 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 2/10/19 4:07 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxShining Raven 2/10/19 4:21 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxVikingBoyBilly 2/10/19 4:48 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 2/10/19 5:51 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxShining Raven 2/4/19 9:22 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxLion O Cyborg 2/4/19 2:24 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxShining Raven 2/4/19 8:30 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxLion O Cyborg 2/5/19 10:03 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxVikingBoyBilly 2/9/19 5:21 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                               Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxShining Raven 2/3/19 11:29 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                     Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxW'rkncacnter 2/3/19 11:37 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                           Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxShining Raven 2/3/19 2:01 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                               Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxxcalibur 2/4/19 3:00 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                               Re: AO PID differencesAndrew Nagy 1/16/20 9:16 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                     Re: AO PID differencesW'rkncacnter 1/17/20 3:24 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                           Re: AO PID differencesAndrew Nagy 1/18/20 4:33 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Re: AO PID differencesW'rkncacnter 1/18/20 5:14 p.m.
                                                                                                                                               Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxxcalibur 1/31/19 6:48 p.m.
                 Re: I escaped the pyramid without a lead boxVikingBoyBilly 1/22/19 12:10 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.