/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Come on, give us the tracks, man.
Posted By: VikingBoyBillyDate: 4/27/16 11:50 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Come on, give us the tracks, man. (Adam)

: Considering the timing (c. 1997), the QuickTime instruments of the time were
: used and expected when Trojan was made. It could sound better, but the
: format not MIDI exactly.

: It’s QuickTime Music which is based on MIDI but adds the ability to mod
: instruments. Technically, the original Music is made up of QT movies
: concatenated together (can be made to store sampled-sound tracks, but only
: QT Music was used).

: The mods would be lost converting the tracks to basic MIDI. One of the Trojan
: tracks in particular (Song 17) makes use of custom instruments.

: Live playback is limited in quality for performance of course. The “Export to
: AIFF” feature will try to complete all the effects, and allows for higher
: sample rates (I think PPC only goes as high as 22KHz stereo); the only
: drawback to Exporting is bug(s) in the QT mixing code that produce pops. I
: did what I could to fix the pops with Audacity… a long, educating process.

: There are a few tools in the Archives (e.g., Marathon Music Exploder) to
: extract the song movies so they can be played back in native QuickTime (no
: need for an emulator afterward). Of course, you won't get the atmospheric
: effects I added for the MP3s…

Ah, I see that track 17 maintains the rave "aaa-aah" sound that GENERAL MIDI files couldn't bring back. You have done well =)

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

So, I happen to have a favour to ask of all of youDeChief 4/13/16 4:55 p.m.
     Re: So, I happen to have a favour to ask of all ofDeChief 4/13/16 11:16 p.m.
     Re: So, I happen to have a favour to ask of all ofLion O Cyborg 4/14/16 12:21 a.m.
           Re: So, I happen to have a favour to ask of all ofDeChief 4/14/16 2:01 a.m.
                 Re: So, I happen to have a favour to ask of all ofLion O Cyborg 4/14/16 2:52 a.m.
                       Re: So, I happen to have a favour to ask of all ofDeChief 4/14/16 3:00 a.m.
                             Re: So, I happen to have a favour to ask of all ofLion O Cyborg 4/14/16 4:18 a.m.
                                   Re: So, I happen to have a favour to ask of all ofDeChief 4/14/16 4:38 a.m.
                                         Re: So, I happen to have a favour to ask of all ofLion O Cyborg 4/14/16 5:49 a.m.
                                               Re: So, I happen to have a favour to ask of all ofLion O Cyborg 4/14/16 5:59 a.m.
                             Re: So, I happen to have a favour to ask of all ofGeneral-RADIX 4/14/16 6:26 a.m.
                                   Re: So, I happen to have a favour to ask of all ofDeChief 4/16/16 12:02 a.m.
                             Come on, give us the tracks, man. *NM*VikingBoyBilly 4/14/16 1:02 p.m.
                                   Re: Come on, give us the tracks, man.Adam 4/21/16 9:21 a.m.
                                         Re: Come on, give us the tracks, man.VikingBoyBilly 4/21/16 9:42 a.m.
                                               Re: Come on, give us the tracks, man.Adam 4/23/16 11:06 a.m.
                                                     Re: Come on, give us the tracks, man.VikingBoyBilly 4/23/16 4:37 p.m.
                                                           Re: Come on, give us the tracks, man.Adam 4/23/16 10:11 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Come on, give us the tracks, man.VikingBoyBilly 4/27/16 11:50 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Come on, give us the tracks, man.Adam 9/13/16 11:01 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Come on, give us the tracks, man.VikingBoyBilly 9/13/16 12:19 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Come on, give us the tracks, man.Adam 9/13/16 10:32 p.m.
           Re: So, I happen to have a favour to ask of all of *LINK*Bob-B-Q 4/14/16 6:37 a.m.
                 Re: So, I happen to have a favour to ask of all ofLion O Cyborg 4/14/16 7:18 a.m.
           Re: So, I happen to have a favour to ask of all oftreellama 4/14/16 8:44 a.m.
           Re: So, I happen to have a favour to ask of all ofForrest of B.org 4/14/16 10:27 a.m.
                 Re: So, I happen to have a favour to ask of all ofVikingBoyBilly 4/14/16 1:05 p.m.
                 Re: So, I happen to have a favour to ask of all ofDeChief 4/14/16 2:41 p.m.
                       Re: So, I happen to have a favour to ask of all ofForrest of B.org 4/14/16 2:59 p.m.
                             Re: So, I happen to have a favour to ask of all ofDeChief 4/15/16 3:55 p.m.
                                   Re: So, I happen to have a favour to ask of all ofForrest of B.org 4/18/16 8:01 p.m.
                                         Re: So, I happen to have a favour to ask of all ofDeChief 4/18/16 9:54 p.m.
     Re: So, I happen to have a favour to ask of all ofDeChief 4/15/16 4:29 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.