/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Melodramatic Eternal chapter summaries
Posted By: General-RADIXDate: 1/12/16 3:27 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Melodramatic Eternal chapter summaries (VikingBoyBilly)

: I made the mistake of thinking this was a "choose your path" kind
: of scenario with different endings and went for all the paths I thought
: were right, but I missed out on most of those failure timelines =(

I knew ahead of time that there were a bunch of bad endings; what I didn't learn for a while was where the chapter splits were or how to avoid said bad endings.

: Except the last one. Hathor's pleading convinced me to try to end the cycle,
: but the universe went to s'pht anyway because the alien god under the
: yucatan was left unchecked.

I thought that for Chapter 5's "good" ending, you had to finally show mercy to Hathor and go with her, rather than kick off that extinction event she kept trying to warn you away from. Alas, it seems like her nightmares would've come to pass one way or another.

(Was she being sincere about sparing the Jjaro and saving everyone from the W'rkncacnter, or did she know exactly what would happen if Marcus abandoned his mission? I'd like to think it was the former, but then, she doesn't mention humanity's fate in her pleas, IIRC...)

: I wanna do some of those failure timelines whenever we ToD Eternal.

If you do, are you planning on grabbing the terminals as well? (Since I skipped all the failure timelines and thus didn't get them, and all)

(Also, I
: kept silent on this for months, but I started working on sprites of the
: PiD monsters and their projectiles to give them full angles on every
: frame. It was started months ago, and I gave up in the middle of the
: nightmare, but if I get motivated again, perhaps we can add them to
: Eternal.)

Apropos of little: Do the Headless and Nightmares have Major variants in Eternal, like they sorta-did in PiD? I didn't play on TC.

(Also: considered donating my design for android!Hathor to any future versions of Eternal so that the final battle may become reality, but she's got a shield-thing on only one shoulder and I dunno if the Marathon engine can handle separate sprites for right and left...any workarounds?)

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Melodramatic Eternal chapter summariesGeneral-RADIX 1/7/16 1:47 p.m.
     Re: Melodramatic Eternal chapter summariesForrest of B.org 1/7/16 10:54 p.m.
           Re: Melodramatic Eternal chapter summariesGeneral-RADIX 1/8/16 5:49 a.m.
                 Re: Melodramatic Eternal chapter summariesForrest of B.org 1/12/16 9:36 a.m.
                       Re: Melodramatic Eternal chapter summariesGeneral-RADIX 1/12/16 1:17 p.m.
     Re: Melodramatic Eternal chapter summariesLion O Cyborg 1/8/16 5:17 a.m.
           Re: Melodramatic Eternal chapter summariesGeneral-RADIX 1/8/16 5:59 a.m.
                 Re: Melodramatic Eternal chapter summariesLion O Cyborg 1/9/16 5:33 a.m.
     Re: Melodramatic Eternal chapter summariesVikingBoyBilly 1/12/16 1:52 p.m.
           Re: Melodramatic Eternal chapter summariesGeneral-RADIX 1/12/16 3:27 p.m.
                 Re: Melodramatic Eternal chapter summariesForrest of B.org 1/12/16 6:01 p.m.
                       Re: Melodramatic Eternal chapter summariesGeneral-RADIX 1/12/16 6:37 p.m.
                       Re: Melodramatic Eternal chapter summariesDurandal_1707 1/12/16 8:56 p.m.
                       Re: Melodramatic Eternal chapter summariesVikingBoyBilly 1/13/16 2:49 a.m.
                             Re: Melodramatic Eternal chapter summariesForrest of B.org 1/13/16 8:19 a.m.
                                   Re: Melodramatic Eternal chapter summariesVikingBoyBilly 1/13/16 9:38 a.m.
                                         Re: Melodramatic Eternal chapter summariesVikingBoyBilly 1/13/16 9:40 a.m.
                                         Re: Melodramatic Eternal chapter summariesForrest of B.org 1/13/16 1:17 p.m.
                                         Re: Melodramatic Eternal chapter summariesLion O Cyborg 1/17/16 6:04 a.m.
                 Re: Melodramatic Eternal chapter summariesPerseusSpartacus 1/13/16 7:15 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.