/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: ASE Ep. 149 Marathon Tempus Irae 07-08: Wiping
Posted By: DispatcherDate: 4/12/15 11:04 a.m.

In Response To: Re: ASE Ep. 149 Marathon Tempus Irae 07-08: Wiping (PerseusSpartacus)

: I kind of hope the rest of Tempus Irae isn't as complicated as this level - I
: haven't gotten far at all in it, maybe up to this level and never past it,
: so I don't really know just how much more of this torment you'll have to
: go through.

: Vale,
: Perseus

IIRC the levels follow a blend or mix of "fun"-ness vs. "frustration"-ness. I don't know if this was intentional or just the way they turned out. Perhaps this is why the first level made (Wiping Away ..., according to Narcogen) was not the first level in the "Italy" play sequence. The first few levels were a good way to capture the interest of the player. Had the first "Italy" level been "Wiping Away ...", it would have probably kept some players from going further with the scenario. It should also be noted that there was more than one level designer, so expect some variety due to that fact.

Now slightly off topic. When I've made Infinity levels in the past, my larger or more complex levels began their formation with the most challenging areas or parts made first. It forced me to ensure that I could succeed in the trickier areas before completing an entire level. The benefit of this approach was that the remainder of the level ended up looking and sounding better than otherwise due to the learning curve and methodology used in the harder parts. I think the same thing can be said for multilevel scenarios. Ideally this would lead to an overall better scenario. I don't know if this was the case for TI, but overall I recall enjoying it. Some levels are simply not as fun (or well thought out), but others are really fun.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

ASE Ep. 149 Marathon Tempus Irae 07-08: Wiping Off *LINK*Narcogen 4/10/15 10:38 p.m.
     Re: ASE Ep. 149 Marathon Tempus Irae 07-08: WipingPerseusSpartacus 4/12/15 8:19 a.m.
           Re: ASE Ep. 149 Marathon Tempus Irae 07-08: WipingDispatcher 4/12/15 11:04 a.m.
           Re: ASE Ep. 149 Marathon Tempus Irae 07-08: WipingMartin 4/12/15 1:45 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.