|Re: Destiny is the reverse story of PiD (theory)|
|Posted By: Philtron||Date: 10/19/14 11:50 p.m.|
In Response To: Destiny is the reverse story of PiD (theory) (Philtron)
So, I guess, some further thought leads me to these predictions, if I'm correct in my connections between the two games:
1) There will turn out to be multiple Travelers, just as there were multiple Wrkncancters.
2) Like the German soldiers in PiD, one faction of enemies is trying to get to the Traveler in a misguided attempt to gain power or find a weapon they can use, without fulling understanding what they're dealing with.
3) Like the American marines in PiD, one faction of aliens does fully understand what they're dealing with. They are trying to destroy the Traveler out of self defense, because an envoy from the Darkness contacted their leaders and told them that the Traveler will destroy them once it fully wakes. They have no grievance with humanity itself, and only fight them because humanity guards the Traveler, as the monsters in PiD guard the Wrk.
4) Like the Cubans in PiD, one faction of enemies was seeking treasure, their questing led them in the direction of the Traveler, and inadvertently they came into conflict with humans without fully understanding what they're getting themselves into.
5) There are several groups that are humanoid or formerly human (Exo, Awoken, and it's implied that the Nine were human but have altered bodies to survive the environment they live in). I predict that all of these "races" were created and formed by the Traveler, even after its defeat, in order to protect itself (like the variety of monsters protecting Wrk). The Traveler changing humans into awoken, etc., reminds me of how the Ghasts look like undead Sentinels, and how the Wrk may have changed the monks into undead minions.
6) There will be some Strike or Raid where players have to stop an alien faction that is trying to advance past human defenses through an act that, with a little imagination, could be described as " playing a strange musical instrument".
7) Branching away from PiD, and rounding off with seven items, I think that it will turn out that some of the alien races were once servants and guardians of the Traveler, it changed them to suit its goals, and then abandoned them. They are now trying to reach the Traveler because they are trying to keep protecting and serving it, not really understanding that they've been forsaken. Not really connected with PiD, but I mention it because the Hive's undead nature makes me think, again, of the similar appearance between Ghasts and Sentinels, and how Sentinels may have been turned into Ghasts to serve the Wrk.
|Destiny is the reverse story of PiD (theory)||Philtron||10/15/14 6:09 p.m.|
|Re: Destiny is the reverse story of PiD (theory)||Simon Araque||10/16/14 3:30 a.m.|
|Re: Destiny is the reverse story of PiD (theory)||Bob-B-Q||10/16/14 7:07 a.m.|
|Re: Destiny is the reverse story of PiD (theory) *NM*||treellama||10/16/14 8:17 a.m.|
|Re: Destiny is the reverse story of PiD (theory)||Philtron||10/19/14 11:50 p.m.|
Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.