/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Tour Of Duty: Poor Yorick
Posted By: MartinDate: 2/26/14 11:26 p.m.

In Response To: Tour Of Duty: Poor Yorick (VikingBoyBilly)

Wonderful imagery of Pfhor bunnies at the end there. It seems like that terminal is sort of foretelling Confound Delivery, where we do indeed pursue the mutinous combat units and they are indeed humans ... and there's that one pesky door that just won't open, which is just unwarrenlike!

Your colouring of my name appears as hot pink on my screen, and I'm fine with that :).

You emailed uncertainty of the secret shotgun - well, where you wrote of a pool with a F'lickta and a bunch of shells, the shotgun is among the bunch just next to the pool, which corridor is handily accessed in somewhat secret fashion, just along to the left from the start.

I didn't know about the Superthrust name for the SMG, that's quite cool. Interesting that it is in a secret there that was revealed I think in the Infinity demo recorded film, and of course it's always good to mention that the inside the wall that comes down to reveal the SMG, is untextured. Also present on the level are some of the best use cases for the weapon, with F'lickta in pools, and especially the ones that seem to be height trapped - which we find on our way to the final terminal ... no coincidence I'd say.

I've always really liked this level, for the interesting progression style almost reminiscent of Six Thousand Feet Under, with lots of ledges and areas at different heights that are a pain to navigate between. There are also some interesting inaccessible spots. I made a point of accessing one of them in our game arriving from Robot World Arena with SPNKRs in tow - the recessed area just outside that corridor with the secret shotgun ... and nothing happened :(. There are also a few high up spots above some of the water pools, but I imagine they're just as disappointing. Damn, one should have saved a game there with SPNKRs!

By the first pattern buffer there is an actionable bit of wall that just reveals a brightly lit recessed wall ... why? Well, why not?

And of course the other reason to like this level is that it represents the first playable (there may have been some in other timelines we didn't see) case of two levels joined together, with the (proper) next level starting very close by, and actually ending at the same terminal; well, one of the two we could have ended at here. Very cool.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Tour Of Duty: Poor YorickVikingBoyBilly 2/26/14 5:44 p.m.
     Re: Tour Of Duty: Poor YorickVikingBoyBilly 2/26/14 5:51 p.m.
           Re: Tour Of Duty: Poor YorickPerseusSpartacus 2/26/14 7:52 p.m.
                 Re: Tour Of Duty: Poor YorickVikingBoyBilly 2/27/14 2:40 p.m.
                       Re: Tour Of Duty: Poor YorickPerseusSpartacus 2/27/14 4:37 p.m.
                             Re: Tour Of Duty: Poor YorickPerseusSpartacus 2/27/14 5:52 p.m.
                                   Re: Tour Of Duty: Poor YorickVikingBoyBilly 2/28/14 4:15 p.m.
     Re: Tour Of Duty: Poor YorickMartin 2/26/14 11:26 p.m.
           Re: Tour Of Duty: Poor YorickPerseusSpartacus 2/27/14 8:44 a.m.
                 Re: Tour Of Duty: Poor YorickMartin 2/27/14 9:01 a.m.
                 Re: Tour Of Duty: Poor Yoricktreellama 2/27/14 9:05 a.m.
                       Re: Tour Of Duty: Poor YorickDispatcher 2/27/14 10:35 a.m.
                             Re: Tour Of Duty: Poor YorickVikingBoyBilly 2/27/14 1:15 p.m.
     Re: Tour Of Duty: Poor YorickGodot 2/27/14 12:13 a.m.
           Re: Tour Of Duty: Poor YorickMartin 2/27/14 12:50 a.m.
                 Re: Tour Of Duty: Poor YorickHokuto 2/27/14 6:43 a.m.
                       Re: Tour Of Duty: Poor YorickMartin 2/27/14 9:24 a.m.
                             Re: Tour Of Duty: Poor YorickHokuto 2/28/14 8:04 a.m.
                 Re: Tour Of Duty: Poor YorickGodot 2/27/14 8:53 a.m.
                       Re: Tour Of Duty: Poor YorickMartin 2/27/14 9:26 a.m.
                       Re: Tour Of Duty: Poor Yorickyaco 3/26/14 9:37 a.m.
     Re: Tour Of Duty: Poor YorickGodot 2/27/14 10:50 a.m.
           Re: Tour Of Duty: Poor YorickPerseusSpartacus 2/27/14 12:30 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.