/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: OMG guys, watcha doing!?!?
Posted By: Adam AshwellDate: 8/26/04 1:37 a.m.

In Response To: OMG guys, watcha doing!?!? (goran)

Well, actually, one of the things that ties me to Marathon (ONE of the things, there's also my intense, passionate love for the game no matter how jealous Mary gets :-P), is that its the only easily editable FPS on the Mac. OKay, there is Quake, but I hate that game, and I don't wanna shell out cash for it, and no one plays it. But, also, if I were able to work with, lets say, Unreal Tournament, I'd still make Marathon things with it. Pretty much, I think that mapmakers are realizing more and more the limitations of the engine. I am, and its starting to bug me.

And I am SOO against changing the AI. That would change the game forever. Too much. I couldn't stomach that. If anyone did that, I'd kill them. Although one possibility is including another AI for use for "bots", if someone ever does that (not that I really support that anyway, but, its up to the guy who makes it to do that). So, Goran, I think you're being a little to traditional, here. Also, you've gotta think about it this way: In some ways, just about everything that can be done with the Infinity Engine has been done by someone. Well, not everything, but, lots of it. An advance in the engine (or a move to Engine Zero) could really reinvigorate the mapmaking community. Well, thats what I think.

: This is to levinson and adam, and probably everybody who thinks the same way.
: I'm so against you (no offense intended).

: You want marathon be a 3d game like quake, you want fog, awesome graphics,
: why don't you go and play unreal or something. Have you forgotten what
: marathon is? It is this crappy old game from 1994, and that will never
: change. You've been spoiled, that you have. 128x128, that's marathon true
: nature. No fog, we have our stupid monster AI we all love to vid. Do you
: want the monsters behave in other ways? Hell no. And stable? Ain't
: alephone stable. Oh, I forgot, it happens to have problems with loading
: 512x512 and 1024x1024 textures, is that unstable? We're talking about
: marathon guys, no monster machine. You're choking our baby with your
: demands.

: Phew, I'm through. It's ok to kill me now.

: Lunair has a good point about B&B, it'd still be marathon, but with new
: depth.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Forge Source CodeAdam Ashwell 8/24/04 1:38 a.m.
     Re: Forge Source CodeD-M.A. 8/24/04 4:23 a.m.
           Re: Forge Source CodeAdam Ashwell 8/24/04 4:24 a.m.
                 Re: Forge Source CodeTim Vogel (Earthquake software) 8/24/04 6:13 a.m.
           Re: Forge Source CodeMark Levin 8/24/04 6:51 a.m.
                 Re: Forge Source Codegoran 8/24/04 11:36 a.m.
                       Re: Forge Source CodeForrest of B.org 8/24/04 3:22 p.m.
                       Re: Forge Source CodeSteve Levinson 8/24/04 6:53 p.m.
                             Re: Forge Source CodeLunair 8/24/04 8:05 p.m.
                                   Re: Forge Source Codegoran 8/24/04 10:22 p.m.
                                         Re: Forge Source CodeD-M.A. 8/25/04 2:23 a.m.
                                   Re: Forge Source CodeSteve Levinson 8/25/04 4:03 a.m.
                                         Re: Forge Source CodeAdam Ashwell 8/25/04 4:07 a.m.
                                               Re: Forge Source CodeJohannes Gunnar 8/25/04 4:51 a.m.
                                         Re: Forge Source Codea disreputable source 8/25/04 8:22 a.m.
                                               Re: Forge Source CodeSteve Levinson 8/25/04 9:05 a.m.
                                                     Re: Forge Source Codea disreputable source 8/25/04 3:26 p.m.
                                                           Re: Forge Source CodeSteve Levinson 8/25/04 4:27 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Forge Source CodeLunair 8/25/04 10:26 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Forge Source CodeAdam Ashwell 8/26/04 1:30 a.m.
                                                                 OMG guys, watcha doing!?!?goran 8/25/04 11:43 p.m.
                                                                       Re: OMG guys, watcha doing!?!?Adam Ashwell 8/26/04 1:37 a.m.
                                                                             Re: OMG guys, watcha doing!?!?goran 8/26/04 3:31 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: OMG guys, watcha doing!?!?blake37 8/26/04 10:39 a.m.
                                                                             Re: OMG guys, watcha doing!?!?Little Kago 8/26/04 6:51 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: OMG guys, watcha doing!?!?Simon of team Sigma 8/26/04 6:56 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: OMG guys, watcha doing!?!?Little Kago 8/26/04 8:26 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: OMG guys, watcha doing!?!?goran 8/26/04 11:03 p.m.
                                                                                                     Re: OMG guys, watcha doing!?!?Steve Levinson 8/27/04 3:02 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: OMG guys, watcha doing!?!?Adam Ashwell 8/27/04 2:42 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: OMG guys, watcha doing!?!?Document 8/27/04 7:29 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: OMG guys, watcha doing!?!?Document 8/27/04 7:28 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: OMG guys, watcha doing!?!?goran 8/27/04 9:18 a.m.
                                                                                               Re: OMG guys, watcha doing!?!?Lunair 8/27/04 10:44 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: OMG guys, watcha doing!?!?ukimalefu 8/27/04 12:20 p.m.
                                                                       Re: OMG guys, watcha doing!?!?Steve Levinson 8/26/04 12:04 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.