/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Mega Man
Posted By: Adam AshwellDate: 8/4/04 8:27 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Mega Man (Evil Otto)

: My 10 yr. old son is a huge Mega Man fan. I have been showing him how to use
: Forge & Anvil and he is working on a Mega Man scenario. He's 10 so
: there are a *lot* of rough edges...

Hey, when I was 10 I was mapmaking too. In fact, I was mapmaking since I was 7....well, actually, that depends on when Infinity came out...if it was in 96, then I was 6. My maps were rough edges incarnate. Actually, I never really finished any maps. Here was the way I worked (and, in fact, I still work a little bit like this): I would get an idea for a cool room or something. I would then go into Forge and make it. I then couldn't think of what to put in next (plus the "cool room" always kinda sucked). Then I'd come up with another cool room, and make a new map with it, and the cycle would continue, and I never really finished any maps. In fact, to this day, I have only finished 5 maps: my map Shake Before Use, which is now, after sitting on my hard drive for a year and a half, the first level of Ellio7t's "Where Angels Fear to Tread." A little three level Rubicon scenario I created two years ago is also filled with..uh...three maps...that I finished. I couldn't think of much of a plot at all, so the beginning was almost exactly like Rubicon: on the Chimera, its crashlanded, Pfhor are invading; although there was quite a twist. The second level was freeing Chimera's AI, Nero, before the Pfhor could "crack his core" (pretty much, freeing him from his bonds as an AI on the Chimera), and then Tycho and a battle group were reported to be approaching, so Durandal ran for it, and the third level was on an abandoned reserach station, oddly named "Saligner", where you have to activate the weapons so that when Durandal fights Tycho, the stations weapons can help out (plus, Lysander was rampant and had been left all alone on the station when it was abandoned, so that was gonna be sort of a plot point later). Eventually, the battle ended out with Tycho's ship having to crashland on the nearby planet. Durandal's ship is also heavily damaged, and must land. There was gonna be a much longer scenario afterwards about the ensuing war, pretty much, on the planet, but I never made it. Oh, actually, I made two maps for it. So thats 7 completed maps. The last map is my level for Eternal. But, at the moment, I'm going through several maps that I never really finished and finishing/refining them.

Tell us when your son's scenario is done. I'll be very interested to play a Mega Man scenario.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Mega ManMega Man 8/3/04 9:13 p.m.
     Boom *NM*Jacke 8/4/04 2:05 a.m.
           Re: BoomAdam Ashwell 8/4/04 3:36 a.m.
                 Re: Boomblake37 8/4/04 3:53 a.m.
                       Re: BoomAdam Ashwell 8/4/04 4:02 a.m.
                             Re: Boomblake37 8/4/04 4:04 a.m.
     Re: Mega ManCount Zero 8/4/04 6:39 a.m.
     Re: Mega ManEvil Otto 8/4/04 8:07 a.m.
           Re: Mega ManAfroRyan 8/4/04 8:12 a.m.
           Re: Mega ManAdam Ashwell 8/4/04 8:27 a.m.
                 Re: Mega Manblake37 8/4/04 8:52 a.m.
           Re: Mega ManMr. Cactus 8/4/04 9:06 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.